School bathrooms lacking in supplies

How the bathrooms are not clean and are hard to access because of how people trash them.

Dane Jorgensen, Staff Writer

Did you know that the soap at frederick high school is not real soap? Yea, the soap at Frederick isn’t real. Maybe because it is too expensive or maybe the school doesn’t really care about what kind of soap were using.

I would have just thought that the people supplying the soap would be a little bit more concerned about students’ health, considering there is still a pandemic going around. 

It’s not just the soap that is making me feel uncomfortable in the bathrooms, it’s that the bathrooms always have something wrong with them. Do you ever walk into the bathroom and see garbage or paper towels on the floor, or zero toilet paper in the stalls leaving you to go to the next stall? This is because of the students at Frederick high, but its not only happening at Frederick.

Teenagers at Frederick are sometimes graffiting on the bathroom walls. Ava Jorgensen (sophomore at Frederick high school) states “I think that graffiti in the school bathrooms is very annoying because it takes time out of everyone’s day and makes you go to a different bathroom, and I was almost late to class because I had to go to a different bathroom because the other one was closed.” When I tried to use the bathroom one day, I went in and saw that there was a stall door missing from one of the stalls. How did they even pull this off?

Another thing is that sometimes the bathrooms are closed because of cleaning. That’s because students are disgusting and have no manners when it comes to the school bathrooms. I even see door handles gone, soap covers gone, hand dryers broken, and paper towel dispenser covers gone. And that’s just a few things wrong with the bathrooms at Frederick high school. 

The most awful thing about them is the bathrooms in the boys locker room. As school is ending, and you’re excited to go do a sport or something and you get your sports stuff but remember you have to go to the bathroom and they are closed. This is the most annoying thing in the world after school/during a sport. I asked Drake Jorgensen (sophomore at Frederick high) about what he thinks of the school locker room bathrooms and he stated “I think it’s unfair that the boys locker room bathrooms are always closed. I hate when that happens because I always have to go to the other bathrooms that are really far away from the locker rooms.” 

This is my opinion on why/how the bathrooms at Frederick high school are under supplied and under cleaned. I believe that we need to figure out a solution for maintaining clean and well stocked bathrooms at Frederick high school.