Irish Wish starring Lindsay Lohan is a romcom movie with a twisted love story
Be Careful For What You Wish For
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • April 12, 2024
New film with Snoop dog didn’t disappoint and surprised many viewers with how much they enjoyed the film=.
Underdogg Film of the Year
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • April 2, 2024
I Matter is all about embracing your true self and being who you really want to be.
If You Need Help, Remember I Matter
Emma Phillips, Sports Editor • March 26, 2024
Millie Bobby Brown stars in a fantasy movie and does a great job bringing the story to life.
A Damsel In Distress
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • March 25, 2024

EMMA PHILLIPS: One Heart, One Goal

Soccer star Emma Phillips is one kick away from accomplishing her next goal
Emma Phillips
Senior Emma Phillips turns to the camera sporting her Colorado Rapids jersey with a soccer ball in her hand. Emma’s bright smile welcomes all to whom she encounters, as she is a friend to everyone.

Loyalty. Friendly. Outgoing. Emma Phillips. Emma plays the game she loves, and as she comes onto the soccer field, the stands are surrounded with her passion, heart, and soul for the game. On the field or in the classroom, Emma is a reliable, compassionate friend that you can always rely on. She’s never afraid to take a shot at her next big goal. There should be an Emma Phillips in every person’s life. 

For as long as she can remember, Emma has been playing soccer. Since her four-year-old start, she and soccer have become best friends. “Ever since I was little, I’ve always known I wanted to play in college and soccer is just so fun and kind of an easy thing to do because of how much love I have for it. It’s easy to get up to train and I have the passion to want to play at my game and want to get better and prepare myself for the next level.”

Emma setting up to score a goal in a game during her senior year of high school soccer. Emma’s skill work on the field is incredible to watch and in any given minute she steps on the field, all heads turn to watch her perform what she does best. (ToneImages)

As a talented center mid on the varsity team, Emma has captained the Frederick girls’ soccer team her last year of her high school career. Emma not only guided her team to numerous wins but also earned a varsity letter for each of her four years during her high school career. Emma’s accomplishments as a varsity athlete include three Academic All State selections, four Honorable Mentions, and two First Team selections, further demonstrating her aptitude for both academics and athletics. Before graduating, Emma still has one goal she wants to achieve this soccer season, “I would like to have a winning record for the 2nd year in a row for soccer.”

Emma is well-known for her high-level competitive soccer play outside of high school. She travels to other states during the year as a member of the Rapids North U18/19, a national team. Her position in competitive soccer is center forward, and she intends to continue playing that position in college.

Emma smiles at the camera during her senior photos in the beautiful outdoors. Emma will be remembered as someone who is loyal, kind, outgoing, and most of all an amazing friend that you always want to be around. (Emma Phillips)

Emma is not just a fantastic soccer player but also a fantastic classroom leader, having kept up a stellar point average throughout high school. Having received an honor roll award each year of high school, she is driven to succeed and continue to do so by getting ready for college. After graduation, Emma intends to use her sports scholarship to pursue her studies and soccer career at Hastings College in Nebraska. She plans to major in business management and minor in marketing because she wants to concentrate on her goal of becoming a real estate agent.

Emma enjoys spending her free time and relaxing, whether it be shopping, surfing, wakeboarding, snowboarding, or just being outside with friends, away from school and soccer. Emma played basketball and softball as a child and was a multisport athlete before deciding to concentrate only on soccer during her freshman year.

Before kicking into her next goals, she advises any new students by saying, “Try as hard as you can at the beginning because if you do and stay consistent with it, school will become easier instead of slacking off at the beginning, and I learned that the hard way. Do not procrastinate.”