New Netflix film follows a princess who must fight for her life to stay alive
Elodie trying to survive in the cave with the dragon in Damsel. (Netflix)

Netflix’s Damsel is a fantasy movie set in the Kingdom of Aurea. Damsel stars Millie Bobby Brown as the main character Elodie, a young woman who married a young prince without knowing she would be sacrificed to a fire breathing dragon and has to fight for her life to escape the dragon. 

While Elodie tries to find a way out of this cave, she must hide from the dragon that wants to kill her. She finds a way out but has to go back in to save her sister who got captured and taken to the dragon’s cave. Elodie battles the dragon so that she can save her family, and everyone else. 

The movie was well shot and had good acting. Millie Bobby Brown did a great job playing Elodie. The CGI was pretty good too, the dragon looked real and was very detailed. The movie is almost two hours long and it was pretty fast paced, so it didn’t take a while to get to the climax. 

Elodie fighting for survival after being sacrificed to a dragon who is out to get her. (Netflix)

Overall, the movie scores about an 8/10. Some of the parts when Elodie gets hurt are a little unrealistic, but it’s not too bad. This movie is a good watch for someone who likes fantasy movies with a dark twist. The movie leaves you on the edge of your seat for most of it, and it gets pretty interesting during the climax of the movie.