Frederick Basketball Season Draws to a Close

Exciting season ends and opens the door to the future.

With+the+closing+of+a+very+tough+basketball+season%2C+mainly+because+of+restrictions+due+to+COVID.+We+had+a+pretty+decent+season+like+last+year+and+we+certainly+did+our+best+with+the+given+circumstances.+

Owen Etter

With the closing of a very tough basketball season, mainly because of restrictions due to COVID. We had a pretty decent season like last year and we certainly did our best with the given circumstances.

Collin Thompson, Staff Writer

The Frederick Basketball season came to a close last week with a 32-64 loss in the playoffs against Green Mountain. This game concluded a season that was one of the best in the recent history of Frederick High School’s basketball season. The teams ended up finishing  with a 10-5 overall and a 7-2 in league games. On top of that, they also finished third in their division, which is 4A. Longs Peak was the team to come in second-place.

This season, however, was no normal season. Due to complications with COVID-19, the season was abbreviated and no students were able to regularly attend games. Yet, this doesn’t dampen the spirits of player Rylan Cram who said, “It was weird to not have any people at games but it didn’t really affect how we played. Next season is gonna be longer and it’s a chance for us to show out and prove we are one of the best teams in the state.”

Next season, many of the current JV players will be on the Varsity team, which is great news because Fredericks’s JV team finished at 7-1 this season and showed total domination against any team that they played. Many of their games were won by more than 10 points and their one loss was within 5. This shows a promising future for the basketball program, which has been struggling for a very long time.

Even though the past few years have been a bit rough, next year, the future of Frederick Basketball is promising. The Freshman teams this year looked to be in good form and they will continue to improve until they are the ones running the program. Everyone involved feels good about this season and future seasons, and we at the Scout are no exception. We are excited to see this team take the league by storm and show how great Frederick Basketball truly can be.