St Vrain Valley’s Unframed Art Show

Here%E2%80%99s+the+banner+for+the+2020-2021+SVVSD+art+show.+This+years+art+show+was+all+digital+and+so+anyone+could+access+it+to+see+all+the+wonderful+art+students+have+produced.+

SVVSD

Here’s the banner for the 2020-2021 SVVSD art show. This years art show was all digital and so anyone could access it to see all the wonderful art students have produced.

Kylie Rusco, Staff Writer

Wandering through the halls packed floor-to-ceiling with artwork made by our peers, the SVVSD art show is an annual event that highlights the hard work of artists district-wide. However in years past the art show was in person, this year the show is online.

“It was hard collecting permissions because it was online,” Says one of our many art teachers, Ms. LeSage. “A lot of students didn’t have the permissions that they needed to have their art published.”

Having a virtual art show definitely will help showcase the school’s artists a lot more, it is easier to access and helps you appreciate the art a lot more. It was much easier to navigate through.

The art show was very easy to navigate. With an in-person art show typically things may not be grouped by a school, medium, or grade level but with it being virtual it allows for as many filters as you want. All you have to do to be able to see the show is type in St Vrain Valley Artshow and you will have access to all the art. This is helpful for someone who may not know exactly where it is located or what to even lookup.

The online show makes it possible for everyone to see the student artists. The Unframed art show is laid out in a way that makes it enjoyable to scroll through and look at the art. The layout almost feels like a form of social media, which makes it easy not to get bored as you can scroll. Credits are something that you never know where to put and the unframed art show found a perfect place by putting them on the picture as you hold on to the image.

I thought that this was an amazing way to show art and I have no real critiques. The art is laid out in a way that makes it easy to see and figure out what you want to see.

Overall I think this year’s art show for SVVSD schools is interesting and something everyone should look at. It helps show the creativity of most students and makes it so that those students are appreciated.