Irish Wish starring Lindsay Lohan is a romcom movie with a twisted love story
Be Careful For What You Wish For
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • April 12, 2024
New film with Snoop dog didn’t disappoint and surprised many viewers with how much they enjoyed the film=.
Underdogg Film of the Year
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • April 2, 2024
I Matter is all about embracing your true self and being who you really want to be.
If You Need Help, Remember I Matter
Emma Phillips, Sports Editor • March 26, 2024
Millie Bobby Brown stars in a fantasy movie and does a great job bringing the story to life.
A Damsel In Distress
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • March 25, 2024

Athletic Mishaps

Many of the student athletes are hurt with minor injuries at the start of their seasons causing a rocky starts to the season.
Athletic+Mishaps

Athletes get hurt and injured all the time. It doesn’t matter what you play, whether it’s football, soccer, softball, etc.; everyone can and most likely will get injured at some point in their career as an athlete. The injury could be very minor, like a rolled ankle that would take a couple of days to heal, or something more severe, like a torn ligament that would take you out for the season.

Although many of our athletes are getting injured, almost all of the athletes that are hurt have minor injuries. A lot of JV and varsity men’s soccer players have minor ankle injuries that require taping of the foot, like Carlos Garcia and Brian Garcia.

Isaac LeFevre, a C team and JV soccer player, said, “Over just the summer, I rolled my ankle about four times and sprained my ankle about twice. So yeah, I would say that you injure your ankle a lot in soccer. But I wouldn’t say it hurts a lot; it only hurts for like the first thirty minutes when you roll your ankle, but even when you sprain it, it doesn’t hurt when you walk that much.

On the other hand, we have Nate Stair, a swinging JV soccer player, who said, “If you have a bigger dude coming at you and he tries to get the ball from you and they step on you, then it would hurt a lot.”

One injury in football is a concussion. Although we don’t have any players out for concussions, they still happen a lot on the football field. One injury on the varsity team was Dylan Norwood, the kicker for the football team, who sprained his groin a couple weeks ago but is coming back strong for the upcoming game. Other than that, there aren’t any injuries that aren’t just bumps and bruises.

If and when an athlete gets injured, our athletic trainer will be there to help and assist you. Whether it’s a quick little pit stop to tape a knee or an ankle, or if it’s for physical therapy, Andy will be there to help speed up your recovery and get you back to the field or court. Andy himself said, “I’m here for you guys and to get you back on the field or court as soon as I can.”