The New Beginning of a Streak

Frederick Football Finds Its Footing in Fort Morgan game
The+Frederick+Golden+Eagles+Football+team+huddling+and+cheering+on+a+Friday+night+after+beating+their+opponent+Fort+Morgan+which+sets+their+record+2-3.+
Christopher Tone
The Frederick Golden Eagles Football team huddling and cheering on a Friday night after beating their opponent Fort Morgan which sets their record 2-3.

The Frederick Golden Eagles hit the road for travel Friday to take on the Fort Morgan Mustangs. Coach Loyd and his team had one goal this week, and that was sticking to their game plan and preparing to play their game according to Coach Ben. Before heading into this week and very important game the football teams record remained 1-3 and were looking to make a change of pace ending the night with a win and recording as 2-3.

After a quick kickoff, Frederick starts off the game great, with a touchdown made by #86 Burke Esimann, thrown by quarterback #7 Gavin Ishmael. 6-0 FREDERICK (Tone Images)
Fort Morgan didn’t take the touchdown lightly and scored a touchdown tying the game 6-6, and later kicked a field goal to take the lead. FORT MORGAN 9-6 (Tone Images)

The Mustangs responded with a much needed touchdown to tie the game 6-6. Fort Morgan then scores a field goal just 1 drive later to take the lead 9-6 Mustangs. Frederick went down by 3 with 5 minutes left in the second quarter.

#86 Burke Esimann standing with his arms up pumping up the team and crowd as he scored the second touchdown of the night. 12-9 FREDERICK (Tone Images)

Number 86 Burke Esimann, steps up saying “1 touchdown isn’t good enough give me two” and with an amazing pass from #7 quarterback Gavin Ishmael, Esimann takes it to the end zone. Frederick Golden Eagles now up 12-9. 

Yet the Mustangs answer in play with the clock ticking down in the bottom half of the second quarter, SCORE — the Mustangs field goal was good tying the game 12-12 just before halftime. 

Coach Loyd states during halftime, “the boys just need to be better making 3rd down plays and we will be just fine.”

#7 Gavin Ishmael running towards the end zone for another touchdown of the night against Fort Morgan. 19-18 FORT MORGAN (Tone Images)

After halftime, Fort Morgan came out hot for the second half of the game, scoring a touchdown on the first driver of the half, taking the lead in the game 19-12 Fort Morgan. But Frederick, looking for the win takes that as threat and quickly has a huge response with a Gavin Ishmael touchdown responding to Fort Morgan, now 19-18 Fort Morgan.

#24 Sonny Delpizzo posing towards the camera after making yet another touchdown for the Golden Eagles to gain the lead. 24-19 FREDERICK (Tone Images)

Frederick’s defense holds the Mustangs from scoring in four plays and quickly Frederick will receive the ball. Frederick now, has the opportunity to shine and they take advantage of their opportunity with a touchdown made by #24 Sonny Delpizzo. Taking the lead in the Game 24-19.

Frederick sealed the game with a Jeezrel Palma touchdown winning the game 19-30 Frederick. Now, the Frederick Golden Eagles, take their second victory of the season with a record of 2-3. Burke Esimann states, “We had a good game. It was close at halftime but the boys on offense pulled through and the defense shut them down and did their job.” While it was a big team effort to win this game the boys are hungry for more and are looking to keep the win streak alive in two weeks against the Niwot Cougars.

After the win Coach Loyd was interviewed by BoCo preps, asking the next steps for Frederick Football and how they will career this game throughout the rest of the season. 30-19 FREDERICK (Tone Images)