One Piece Is One Waste of Time

This anime adaptation is an eight-hour embarrassment
Monkey+D.+Luffy%2C+Nami%2C+Sanji%2C+Usopp%2C+and+Zoro+set+sail+in+search+of+the+One+Piece+treasure.+While+the+actors+did+a+great+job+pursuing+their+characters+the+storyline+was+rather+bland+and+negatively+incompetent+to+the+original+anime.+
Netflix
Monkey D. Luffy, Nami, Sanji, Usopp, and Zoro set sail in search of the One Piece treasure. While the actors did a great job pursuing their characters the storyline was rather bland and negatively incompetent to the original anime.

When the One Piece Live Action released on August 31st, I was really excited to watch it, especially after I heard many great things about it from friends and family. But unfortunately, when I went to binge watch it I realized that it was really not at all worth the hype.

There are many problems with the One Piece live action, a big one was the fighting and bad CGI. The fighting was very slow and didn’t look realistic what so ever and you could see characters just standing there mid fight. The camera work was really bad as well that also took play into some of the fighting scenes as it shows the people standing around. Sometimes the character would be blurry and it would look very fuzzy, or you couldn’t see important pieces of the fight because the camera would be blocked by the actors, making it hard to follow the fight. With how bad the CGI was, you don’t get the same feeling watching Luffy use his powers and the wounds don’t seem real at all which takes away from a real experience and the emotion of the film.

While the actors were great for what they had, the writing sucked in the end. The show didn’t give the actors a lot of room to add passion and true meaning which is what most films are about. It’s hard to follow along and be interested when the characters don’t have a lot of personality. Their acting seemed bland and passionless; they also had like 2 comedic lines and both were delivered by the same character. They spent way too much time on backstory, as a whole hour and a half was just backstory leaving no room for the whole meaning of the present story.

I also was not expecting them to have completely random nudity and foul language in the first episode. Finally, with the last episode, they had no real conclusions, leaving us with 4 different cliff hangers which leads viewers to be confused about what’s going on in the film. We didn’t even find out if Luffy became the pirate king.

In conclusion, I would rate this show a 3/10 because there’s no good fighting, the camera work is terrible, and the CGI is awful. The thing that is keeping this film on its feet is the actors did great with what they had to work with even though the storyline and characters given were bland. My final thought is I wouldn’t even attempt to watch this if you haven’t watched the entire 1,072 episode anime.