SUBHAM BASNET: With The World at His Feet

Senior soccer star has made his mark on the soccer program here at FHS
Subham Basnet
Subham always makes sure to have time for himself and his friends outside of school and football. It has always been important to balance his social life with his sports and education.

Subham Basnet has become a star at FHS as he continues to amaze everyone with his flair, skills, and technique on the soccer ball. Subham began his journey at FHS his Junior year, and ever since then, he has put a smile on everyone’s face with his sarcastic, fun, and great personality. He is also a great student-athlete who works extremely hard and thrives in school. But outside of being a student-athlete, he enjoys playing FIFA and going out with his friends and family. 

Subham is a mixed kid from Boulder, Colorado who is part Brazilian. Just like every little kid from Brazil, his biggest inspiration was and still is Neymar Jr. He aspires to be like him and play like him. Neymar Jr. is a Professional soccer player who has played for Big Clubs like Barcelona and PSG.

Just like our very own star, Neymar is also Brazilian. Subham fell in love with the game of soccer at the age of 13. He said, “I have only been playing for 5 years and I fell in love with soccer because It’s what I do best and It lets me be me”. The Golden Eagles Brazilian Star plays Left Wing for the Boys Varsity team.

Subham Basnet celebrating and scoring the first goal for the 2023-24 Soccer fall season against Longmont. Subham’s skills and flair make everyone better on the field. (Tone Images)

Being a student-athlete has also been a big thing for Subham Basnet. Showing up, working hard, and having a great work ethic are all the attributes that Subham has. “The biggest key is time management and being close to your teachers, your teachers will work with you if you put in the work and they will help you out,” said Subham.

He’s also been working hard on the pitch as he hopes to have a successful year in the last season of his high school soccer career. 

After his high school career, Subham plans on taking his talents to Europe. He says “After high school, I’ll be going to Europe in the hopes of going to a professional club and showing off my talents there”. While it seems Subham has big plans for his future, He says that he’ll definitely miss his friends the most at FHS because they made him feel like that’s the only reason he’s at school.

He said, “Soccer has been good, we started off this season better than last year and I hope Frederick makes it to playoffs before I leave.”

Subham taking a corner kick against Longmont. Subham wearing #11 just like his favorite player. (Tone Images)

Subham is a star who works incredibly hard on and off the pitch, who strives to follow the footsteps of his biggest inspiration Neymar Jr. as he showcases his flair and skills under the bright lights of the FHS Stadium. This boy has the world at his feet.