Irish Wish starring Lindsay Lohan is a romcom movie with a twisted love story
Be Careful For What You Wish For
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • April 12, 2024
New film with Snoop dog didn’t disappoint and surprised many viewers with how much they enjoyed the film=.
Underdogg Film of the Year
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • April 2, 2024
I Matter is all about embracing your true self and being who you really want to be.
If You Need Help, Remember I Matter
Emma Phillips, Sports Editor • March 26, 2024
Millie Bobby Brown stars in a fantasy movie and does a great job bringing the story to life.
A Damsel In Distress
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • March 25, 2024

Should Seniors Stress About College?

Seniors in high school may not know where to start or even what to do in their future at age 18.
College Foundation of North Caroling
That time of the year is coming up for our seniors who wish to further their education in school after graduation. Learning how to maneuver that will be the key aspect

High school seniors often feel they know little about college life. It’s a new, unexplored territory. They’re used to the structure and familiarity of high school, while college is a world of independence and responsibility. Information about college is often second-hand, from movies, older siblings or parents.  Plus, every college experience is unique, making it hard to truly know what to expect. It’s a big step, and it’s natural to feel unprepared and lost when it comes to the subject.

When thinking about your next steps after graduation if you’re thinking about continuing your education you need to make sure and factor a lot of aspects into that decision. (Amelia Manley)

High school seniors are buzzing with anticipation and anxiety as they prepare for college. It’s a time of researching schools, writing essays, and filling out applications. Senior year is filled with final games, prom, and graduation as everyone is trying to soak up the last memories as a kid. It’s a whirlwind of emotions and tasks, but also exciting for a huge and new chapter. Seniors are learning to be independent, making big decisions, and stepping into adulthood. It’s a pivotal and memorable time in their lives. All high school students should be researching colleges, visiting campuses, and applying to as many as they can. They should also prepare for entrance exams, request recommendation letters, and explore financial aid options. It’s important to meet application deadlines and keep grades up. They should also consider their career goals and choose a college that aligns with these. Finally, it’s crucial to prepare emotionally for the transition, developing skills like time management and self-care. It’s a busy but exciting time.

Going to teachers, counselors, admin, and making sure your in your Advisory classes are all huge factors especially your senior year. Being able to have as much help as possible will be really important especially when it comes to college applications.  (IvyWise Knowledge base)

Why do high school students not have a clue about what they want to do right after they graduate? High school students often feel uncertain post-graduation because they’re facing a major life transition. Let’s face it, do most 18 year olds know exactly what they want to do for the rest of their lives? They’re deciding between college, trade school, work, or a gap year. It’s a HUGE decision, and they may not have enough real-world experience to make it confidently. They’re also receiving advice from many different sources, which can be overwhelming. Plus, societal and parental expectations can add pressure. It’s a pivotal time with many paths, and it’s natural for students to feel unsure about what step to take next.

Making sure you can get help to find those correct next steps in the process to find the right fit for you is important. Doing reaserch and getting all the knowledge possible is an important factor in applying to schools. (Istockphoto.com/YinYang)

Sometimes seniors in high school get overwhelmed with coursework, extracurriculars, and sports. This can lead to procrastination on college prep. They might not fully understand the application process or financial aid, making it seem daunting. Some might also struggle with decision-making or fear of the future, causing them to delay. Going into college, you need to have an idea of what you want to do, but you don’t have to commit to anything. The first year of college is just freshman classes, so you need to at least have an idea. It’s a big life transition and that can be scary.

Preparing for college early can ease stress for high school seniors. It gives them time to research schools, understand financial aid, and perfect their applications. Early prep also allows for visits to potential colleges. This helps them make informed decisions about their future. It’s all about setting themselves up for success. They can secure their spots and scholarships before colleges run out. Early applications often result in early decisions, giving them peace of mind. They can focus on finishing high school strong without the added stress of college uncertainty.