Exorcist: Believer is Unbelievably Good

Blumhouse’s newest fright is worthy of The Exorcist legacy
The+Exorcist+Believer+in+theaters+now.+Scary+halloween+movie+will+make+you+jump+out+of+you+chair.+With+the+halloween+season+starting+add+this+new+film+to+your+list+of+movies+you+need+to+watch.+
Blumhouse Pictures
The Exorcist Believer in theaters now. Scary halloween movie will make you jump out of you chair. With the halloween season starting add this new film to your list of movies you need to watch.

While it’s not as scary as the first, it still packs fun and scare. The Exorcist Believer is a good movie with lots of jumps scares. The Exorcist has the movie legacy for a good scare every time. This time the film begins with two girls that go into the woods to do something they thought was all fun and jokes but turned into something you’d never imagine. 

In the same way that the original Exorcist film starts in a foreign land, Exorcist Believer opens in Haiti. Victor Fielding (Leslie Odom Jr.) taking photos for his business while his pregnant wife receives local blessing for their unborn child. An earthquake suddenly disrupts their happiness, and Victor has to choose between his daughter and his wife. Thirteen years later his daughter “Angela Feilding” is almost in high school and she and her friend go up into the woods to perform a spirit ritual thing, but they don’t come out of the woods alone.  The girls show signs of something demotic, once one of the girls “Victor Feilding” who is Leslie Odom JR, sees it he reaches out to find help. He finds Chris MacNeil who is (Ellen Burstyn), who’s seen something like this before. They try to perform and exorcists but then find out some nerve racking things. The things they see while performing the exorcist will be things they will never forget about.

Exorcist when the demonic first starts coming out of the girls bodies. Katherine (Olivia O’Neill) not being herself at church. (Blumhouse pictures )

The movie was decently scary it definately had the audience on their toes as in the theater everyone was cuddled up and even some screamed with the jumpscares. Countless times the movie was super scary which is just what was wanted and expected from the film. It’s a perfect movie for the Halloween vibes and a overall good film. I thought there was a lot of blood in it too and a lot of gross images. 

The acting was really good and the images looked really realistic. Seeing this film in the theater had to be a whole diffrent experience. The sound was loud but I think the louder the sound is, it’s more fun to watch because it can be more scary, if you’re into a really good scare. If you have the chance to make it into the theater for this film before its out of the theaters its definitely something to put on the Halloween bucket list. The makeup and effects were a huge role in making this film that much better. Everything looked so realistic and you would never guess its all just makeup. 

If you are not into movies that are super bloody and demonic, then this movie is not for you. If you’re into movies that are super scary and demonic and you like a good jump scare then this movie is the right choice. I wouldn’t watch it alone, but if you’re a person that thinks they won’t be scared if they watched it alone then this movie may just change your mind. For the people that can’t watch bad or scary things happening to children, this movie has two little girls that go through pain so be warned ahead of time. The Exorcist Believer is a fun and scary movie that is a perfect watch for a scary movie night or if you’d like to watch it just to watch.