A huge and lasting problem about foster care has cam to surface finally. Colorado had hope to help out foster kids.
Colorado is With The Kids
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • February 23, 2024
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Kendan Cartwright, Staff Writer • February 22, 2024
Traveling can be stressful sometimes. Taking others advice can help you out.
Traveling Essentials
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • February 19, 2024
Robin Hood and his merry men meet the Sheriff of Nottingham and Maid Marian in Sherwood Forest. Left to right is Ellie Palmer as Maid Marian, Shaun Furr as the sheriff, Michael Allred as Robin Hood, Cooper Dujardin as Little John, Teagan Veile as Alan Adale, Liam Pettit as Friar Tuck, Ella Jackson as Will Scarlet, and Leea Beeker as the stage manager.
Robin Hood Hits Its’ Target
Isabel Howell, Staff Writer • February 17, 2024
The Frederick Unified Basketball team is all about having fun and making sure everyone has a great time!
Fun is The Number One Priority
Emma Phillips, Sports Editor • February 15, 2024

Making History

Frederick Volleyball heads to State after a phenomenal season
Hayden Delier
Kinley Lindhardt going up for a spike at Regionals.

Frederick High School Volleyball led by Suzanne Robison is ready and prepared going into the class 4A state tournament with their outstanding record of 22-3. 

The Lady Warriors Volleyball team ranked at number 5 in the 4A class hosted regionals at Frederick High School last Saturday. The volleyball team worked hard all season and managed to almost have an undefeated record. The team is excited, ready, and determined after winning regionals to qualify for state. 

The road to state wasn’t easy, but the team had success and worked hard to accomplish great things and they are competing at state. 

The team has competed the whole season for this moment from the pre-season till now. During the pre-season many girls came out to compete for a spot but also to compete and win a championship. The team came out strong but not strong enough. The Lady Warriors’ first game against the Erie Tigers lost 3-1, but that didn’t stop the team. They had a wake up call. The next week, they came out and handled business with various amounts of wins. 

Besides that first game against Erie, the Lady Warriors only were defeated two other times (Niwot 3-1; Thompson Valley 3-0). Although the team had three losses throughout the season, the team finished their league season strong with an amazing winning streak and got an amazing opportunity to host at regionals. With the rowdy crowd always wild and routing for the team. They are excited to send off the Lady Warriors volleyball team to state

The Lady Warriors came out on Saturday, November 6 ready to fight for a spot in state. With the rowdy crowd always wild and rooting for the team, the Frederick girls were in a great spot and had good matchups. Frederick conquered both Northfield and D’Evelyn 3-0 in each match up. The team was determined and excited: the Lady Warriors were now Regional champions as were heading off to state.

So what made the team so good? Frederick has standout offensive threats in Katelin Sindelar and Kinley Lindhardt. Frederick is the highest ranked team from the area led by Sindelar’s 258 kills and Lindhardt 249. Head coach Suzanne Robison hopes her girls can continue the momentum heading into State.

Yet despite their dominance on the court, the stars of our incredible team stay humble. Katelin Sindelar told us that she’s “had so many awesome moments, but the feeling of winning regionals and being the first team in Frederick history to qualify for state was such a surreal feeling and doing it with my best friends made it even better.”

Kinley Lindhardt agreed that for her, it was less about the glory and more about making history “We set so many different school records this year as a team,” she said.

The team has worked all season long and they are ready to make a statement not just for this year but for the years to come. The Lady Warriors that take the court Friday will always be remembered as the first and last Warriors ever to qualify for State in Volleyball.

In other words, “we’re ready to make history.”