Jocie makes sure she is working hard on and off the field to see the results that she is very deserving of.
JOCIE SIMMONS: CAPTAIN KNOWS BEST
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • February 25, 2024
A huge and lasting problem about foster care has cam to surface finally. Colorado had hope to help out foster kids.
Colorado is With The Kids
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • February 23, 2024
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Kendan Cartwright, Staff Writer • February 22, 2024
Traveling can be stressful sometimes. Taking others advice can help you out.
Traveling Essentials
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • February 19, 2024
Robin Hood and his merry men meet the Sheriff of Nottingham and Maid Marian in Sherwood Forest. Left to right is Ellie Palmer as Maid Marian, Shaun Furr as the sheriff, Michael Allred as Robin Hood, Cooper Dujardin as Little John, Teagan Veile as Alan Adale, Liam Pettit as Friar Tuck, Ella Jackson as Will Scarlet, and Leea Beeker as the stage manager.
Robin Hood Hits Its’ Target
Isabel Howell, Staff Writer • February 17, 2024

The Rivalry Continues

Frederick triumphs over the Mavericks on the volleyball court
Hayden Delier
The FHS Rowdy Crowd holds up the Warrior “W” for a photo. The Rowdy Crowd is FHS’s student section at sporting events. They mainly kick into gear at the football and volleyball games.

On Thursday, the Frederick Warriors girls volleyball team traveled to Mead for one of the best games of the season. The final score was 3-2 with Frederick taking home the win over their longtime rivals… a rivalry that is still alive and well.

After the game, we caught up with Coach Robinson to hear her thoughts about the game. “I was so nervous, these girls have worked so hard. They were all saying this was going to be one of the highlight games of the season.” 

Frederick had the first two points, with the Maverick’s crowd (called the Barstool) going nuts with disappointment. Mead then answered with two  The last point made the game a nail-biter, but the Warriors killed it and got the winning point.

“We knew it was going to be tough and it was not going to come easy,” Coach Robinson told us. “We knew that they were going to fight for every point and they did. They didn’t give up and came out strong.” 

It was clearly going to be a tense game after Dr. Young left Frederick last year to be principal at Mead. This awkward situation escalated the tension between the two schools. Even before the game, the feeling of competition was palpable. The game theme was country and the stands felt like an Old West showdown. Frederick went all out with their cowboy hats, jean shorts, boots, and bandanas for our packed Rowdy Crowd, but Mead’s Barstool answered back all our cheers with their own. The energy in the Maverick gym was incredible, especially after we won.

Coach Robinson was thrilled. “I am so proud of those girls. Holy cow, they kicked so much Maverick butt. They killed it.”