Irish Wish starring Lindsay Lohan is a romcom movie with a twisted love story
Be Careful For What You Wish For
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • April 12, 2024
New film with Snoop dog didn’t disappoint and surprised many viewers with how much they enjoyed the film=.
Underdogg Film of the Year
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • April 2, 2024
I Matter is all about embracing your true self and being who you really want to be.
If You Need Help, Remember I Matter
Emma Phillips, Sports Editor • March 26, 2024
Millie Bobby Brown stars in a fantasy movie and does a great job bringing the story to life.
A Damsel In Distress
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • March 25, 2024

Taking the Next Step Towards Victory

Frederick Softball advances to state after a tough weekend during regionals.
Burt Sais
Frederick Softball Varsity team picture, after beating Golden 12-6 in the regional tournament. With the victory, the team will be advancing to the state tournament.

Frederick softball took their next steps towards victory as the Lady Warriors finished their regular season with a record of 16-7. “We lost a handful of games that I thought we should’ve won. But overall, a great year and valuable experience for our returning players for next year,” Coach Roger Dufour states. The Warriors had to win two of three games during regionals in order to allow them to advance to state the following weekend at the Aurora Sports Complex. 

The team competed for a spot in state during the regional tournament hosted by Riverdale Ridge. Out of Frederick, Riverdale Ridge, Golden, and Palisade, only two teams would get the opportunity to advance to state. The Warriors first game had some ups and downs during a close finish when they lost against Golden 9-8. The Golden advanced to play Riverdale Ridge, and the Lady Warriors re-focused for their next game against Palisade.

Frederick scored early in the second game against Palisade with an enormous lead of 10-0. The final score against Palisade was 14-0 and the Lady Warriors season was kept alive. However, the Warriors had to win the next game if they wanted to make it to state. Riverdale Ridge conquered the game against Golden 11-1, securing their spot in the state tournament. With Golden losing, that meant Golden and Frederick would have to play again. The Lady Warriors blew open a lead on Golden early in the game leaving the score 9-0. Golden was able to climb back 9-6 but the Lady Warriors shut them down. With the final score of 12-6, the Lady Warriors were able to overcome Golden and advance to state. Coach Roger Dufour states, “I thought we had a great draw for Regionals and we were able to win two games to advance to state.” 

“Our goal every year is to get to the final 16. I’m very proud of this team as they accomplished the goal of making it to state. It’s a great experience that many teams don’t get to experience.” Roger Dufour says the Lady Warriors continue their season and start to prepare during the week for the big day. Dufour quotes “We will put our best effort forward. We’ve prepared all season for this opportunity.” No matter the outcome after state, the Lady Warriors had a great season and will practice and prepare to come out better next year. “Play your game, it’s what got you here. Remember the experience and have fun!”