I Matter
New sports app is expected to be advanced and reestablished compared to other sports apps.
Sports Streaming Gets an Upgrade
Carson Birdsall, Staff Writer • March 12, 2024
The new live action Avatar didnt live up to the bar that has been set from the original animated series.
Avatar Didn’t Bring the Power
Kendan Cartwright, Staff Writer • March 8, 2024
Colorado joined 14 other states in holding its Democratic and Republicans Presidential Primary Elections on March 5, 2024. These primaries went well for both President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump. Biden won the Democratic contest with 83% of the vote while Trump won 63% of the Republican vote. Though both candidates are clearly popular in their respective parties, they are also facing similar challenges from a critical electorate.
Biden, Trump Sweep Colorado Primaries
Brandon Coon, Staff Adviser • March 7, 2024

The Rivalry Continues

Frederick triumphs over the Mavericks on the volleyball court
Hayden Delier
The FHS Rowdy Crowd holds up the Warrior “W” for a photo. The Rowdy Crowd is FHS’s student section at sporting events. They mainly kick into gear at the football and volleyball games.

On Thursday, the Frederick Warriors girls volleyball team traveled to Mead for one of the best games of the season. The final score was 3-2 with Frederick taking home the win over their longtime rivals… a rivalry that is still alive and well.

After the game, we caught up with Coach Robinson to hear her thoughts about the game. “I was so nervous, these girls have worked so hard. They were all saying this was going to be one of the highlight games of the season.” 

Frederick had the first two points, with the Maverick’s crowd (called the Barstool) going nuts with disappointment. Mead then answered with two  The last point made the game a nail-biter, but the Warriors killed it and got the winning point.

“We knew it was going to be tough and it was not going to come easy,” Coach Robinson told us. “We knew that they were going to fight for every point and they did. They didn’t give up and came out strong.” 

It was clearly going to be a tense game after Dr. Young left Frederick last year to be principal at Mead. This awkward situation escalated the tension between the two schools. Even before the game, the feeling of competition was palpable. The game theme was country and the stands felt like an Old West showdown. Frederick went all out with their cowboy hats, jean shorts, boots, and bandanas for our packed Rowdy Crowd, but Mead’s Barstool answered back all our cheers with their own. The energy in the Maverick gym was incredible, especially after we won.

Coach Robinson was thrilled. “I am so proud of those girls. Holy cow, they kicked so much Maverick butt. They killed it.”