The Marley Legacy Lives On

With a breakthrough hit, YG Marley joins his illustrious family of artists.
YG Marley releases his single debut “Praise Jah In the Moonlight” and it is the talk of the century as it features a sample of his grandfather Bob Marley. YG Marley is a generational artist in the Marley family and is on the rise for success.
YG Marley Music

The Marley family’s emerging star, YG Marley whose full name is Joshua Omaru Marley, released his debut single, “Praise Jah In the Moonlight,” on December 27th, which may be the song of the year in our eyes. Just one month before his grandfather’s biography, Bob Marley: One Love opens in theaters on February 14th, YG Marley releases a four-minute reggae song that has gone viral.

Why, therefore, is this song so well-liked? YG Marley has always been deeply infused with music. After all, he is the son of R&B icon Lauryn Hill in addition to being born into the gifted Marley family. It’s not everyday that the Marley family drops a new song. With YG Marley adding his own distinct flair and style, this lovely song nearly sounds like it picks up where Bob Marley & The Wailers left off. It has a genuinely timeless impact. Better yet, Bob Marley, YG Marley, and Lauryn Hill are listed as writers on the song.

“Praise Jah In the Moonlight,” features a sample of “Crisis” by Bob Marley & The Wailers, which can be found on their 1978 album Kaya. Fans’ welcomed the song’s emphasis on traditional reggae stylings and applauded YG Marley’s musical background as soon as word of this knowledge circulated on social media. With the song already reaching the top spot on the U.S. Viral 50 and Spotify Global charts, YG Marley’s most recent release is expected to become a real breakthrough success.

Marley sang “Praise Jah” at his mother’s tour “The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill 25th Anniversary Tour,” last winter. Naturally, the social media community took notice of the shower footage and began organizing a campaign for the song’s official release. Given that the song has received over 18 million plays on Spotify since its release in December, a significant increase in his popularity is anticipated.

The song, which debuted at No. 8 on the Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 chart, rates the top 25 songs that have not yet reached the Hot 100, tackles themes of love, spirituality, and perseverance in the face of adversity. The song rose from No. 95 to No. 55 on the Billboard Canadian Hot 100 in its second week of availability. Meanwhile, Legend: The Best of Bob Marley and The Wailers currently sits at the top of the Billboard Reggae albums list and has been for 208 non-consecutive weeks.

The Marley family is adding yet another hit to their already sprawling cross generational collection. As YG Marley’s breakthrough track and a tribute to his grandfather Bob Marley, “Praise Jah In the Moonlight” continues to soar in popularity. YG Marley is undoubtedly leaving his mark on the modern music scene and bringing the timeless family name a whole new meaning.