Frederick Volleyball is Killing It

It’s been a month since Frederick Volleyball’s last loss. Can they keep the momentum going?
Mason Faulkner
The volleyball team huddles up before a game.

The Frederick Girls Volleyball team is on an unprecedented run of dominance–winning 14 straight games–a span in which they only have given up five sets to their opponents. Not only do they have the best pair of outside hitters in the state, they have depth and experience on a team that has won 26 out of the last 30 games. Put all that together and this team has a legitimate shot for winning a state championship–the first in program history.

Leading this dynasty to their success is Coach Robison, who is coaching Frederick for her fifth consecutive year. She’s been able to see her players improve on and off the court. “Watching them grow as athletes and young women has been a treat,” Robison says. “These girls have learned to trust each other and push through difficulties and rise above. It has been a privilege to coach these young ladies.” 

Currently, the Warriors are ranked #2 in both the CHSAA and Coaches Polls. However, Coach Robison says the team’s lofty ranking doesn’t get to their heads. “This is a great achievement for us and something we work towards every day. We try to let it push us to be better and not let those rankings fill our heads. We still have work to do this season.” So, the Warriors’ dominance not only stretches the physical aspects of the game but also the mental. 

Throughout the dominant season, there have been plenty of memorable moments. But the one that stands out to Robison the most?–“nothing better than beating Mead last spring on our court three straight and then beating them again this fall 3-2 on their court. Proving that it wasn’t a fluke in the spring.” Robison attributes the team’s success to “their relentlessness on defense and offense,” she says. “They have won the serve and pass game and taken advantage of the offensive opportunities.” 

Not only is the team atop the rankings, but the player’s individual accolades are piling up. At the time of writing for this article, Katelin Sindelar and Kinley Lindhardt–outside hitters for Frederick–are both top five in Colorado for kills. Ashley Livingston, the setter for the team, is top three in the state for aces and fourth for assists.

The Warriors’ path to the playoffs will still be confronted with challenges, one of which will take place next Tuesday when Frederick takes on Niwot. The Cougars, like the Warriors, haven’t lost a game in league play. Frederick will have to play up to their high standard if they don’t want to risk spoiling a 15-game win streak. There is still work to do.

However, the volleyball program has never been in a greater position than they are now. “Seeing the growth of these young ladies on and off the court has been amazing,” Robison says. “They truly love the game of volleyball, and more importantly, they enjoy each other and support each other in all that they do.”