Jocie makes sure she is working hard on and off the field to see the results that she is very deserving of.
JOCIE SIMMONS: CAPTAIN KNOWS BEST
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • February 25, 2024
A huge and lasting problem about foster care has cam to surface finally. Colorado had hope to help out foster kids.
Colorado is With The Kids
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • February 23, 2024
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Kendan Cartwright, Staff Writer • February 22, 2024
Traveling can be stressful sometimes. Taking others advice can help you out.
Traveling Essentials
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • February 19, 2024
Robin Hood and his merry men meet the Sheriff of Nottingham and Maid Marian in Sherwood Forest. Left to right is Ellie Palmer as Maid Marian, Shaun Furr as the sheriff, Michael Allred as Robin Hood, Cooper Dujardin as Little John, Teagan Veile as Alan Adale, Liam Pettit as Friar Tuck, Ella Jackson as Will Scarlet, and Leea Beeker as the stage manager.
Robin Hood Hits Its’ Target
Isabel Howell, Staff Writer • February 17, 2024

PEYTON SIDERS: The Voice to Trust

This senior performing artist is a reliable leader and rising star
Peyton+getting+ready+for+a+tennis+match.+Being+involved+is+obviously+something+that+she+has+been+focused+on+for+a+while+now.+
Carli Siders
Peyton getting ready for a tennis match. Being involved is obviously something that she has been focused on for a while now.

A leader is meant to inspire others. To guide others through challenging times and to motivate them to do their best work. That is what senior Peyton Siders  is. She is constantly a hardworking individual in many aspects of her life.

Peyton has taken many advanced courses throughout her middle and high school career. “I enjoy taking classes with people who are as passionate in academics as I am,” Peyton told the Frederick Lantern. “I like to be challenged in my classes and work with people who will work hard to do the same.”

Peyton has a large involvement in school activities. Some of the extracurriculars she has been involved with are Girls Tennis, Theatre, Choir, Band, NHS, and Film Club. Within these clubs, Peyton has taken on many leadership roles, such as Thespian Co-President, Film Club President, and Assistant to the Director in Varsity Blue show choir. She has always been a naturally born leader, taking charge when needed. When asked about what her goal was in her leadership positions she said, “I want to make the (theater) program a more inclusive and friendly environments. I also want to help in still good habits and give the (choir) program enough to make us a really good choir.”

Peyton performing as the Minstrel in Once Upon a Mattress. (Chris Tone)

Peyton want to go into law enforcement with a background in psychology. “I think it’s really interesting to look at how people are. I really want to be able to help people, and I think being able to get the mental health resources is a really good way to help.” She has taken multiple police academy classes and a few psychology classes during high school, which is what sparked her interest in this career. She is hoping to go to Kansas State University or Colorado State University.

“I believe that a big part of existing is to make the world a better place for everyone that comes after us.”