DWP: Driving While on a Phone
Kendan Cartwright, Staff Writer • May 21, 2024
The pacer test feels like an old unneeded tradition.
Fit or Frustrating?
Sierra Sanchez, Staff Writer • May 20, 2024
Zendaya brings the heat in new film ‘Challengers’
Match Made in Heaven
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • May 17, 2024

A story worth telling

All about Isabel
Chris Tone
Isabel wears her letterman jacket while posing for her senior photos.

Kind, caring, smart, and bubbly. All of these words can be used to describe senior Isabel Howell.

English has always been Isabel’s favorite subject. Ever since she was a kid she has enjoyed reading and writing. Her friends can attest that she always wants to share news and always has a story to tell. “Isabel is always involved in some sort of writing project. Everyone knows that Isabel loves to write” says Sierra.

Both of Isabel’s parents have a degree in journalism. Her dad is a journalist who focuses on sports media and her mom deals with public relations. “My parents have definitely influence my career choice. I really like the community outreach aspect that comes with my moms job, which is why I want to focus on it during college.”

Isabel loves pink! Every Wednesday she wears at least one pink item. This is inspired from the movie Mean Girls! “On Wednesday’s we wear pink!” (Courtesy of Isabel Howell)

Throughout highschool Isabel has made an effort to be well rounded. She has participated in a variety of clubs such as Cheerleading, NHS, and choir, but had a main interest in theatre. Over her four years in highschool she has acted in seven FHS shows. She also recently won a $2000 scholarship from the FHS Music Foundation after a stellar vocal audition. “My audition went really well, but I wasn’t sure if I would actually get the scholarship. When I had heard that I had won I was so excited and so grateful.”

Isabel plans to go to Utah State University to pursue a journalism and communications degree in the fall. “I’m really excited to take this next step. I’ve wanted to go into journalism for a long time and I’m glad it finally happening.”