Irish Wish starring Lindsay Lohan is a romcom movie with a twisted love story
Be Careful For What You Wish For
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • April 12, 2024
New film with Snoop dog didn’t disappoint and surprised many viewers with how much they enjoyed the film=.
Underdogg Film of the Year
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • April 2, 2024
I Matter is all about embracing your true self and being who you really want to be.
If You Need Help, Remember I Matter
Emma Phillips, Sports Editor • March 26, 2024
Millie Bobby Brown stars in a fantasy movie and does a great job bringing the story to life.
A Damsel In Distress
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • March 25, 2024

Hotel Full of Hope

Five years after the pilot the full Hazbin Hotel series premiered and has viewers exited
New+Prime+Video+series+has+been+a+hit+so+far+after+the+final+two+episodes+have+been+recently+released+the+show+has+the+ball+rolling+so+far.+
Amazon Prime Video
New Prime Video series has been a hit so far after the final two episodes have been recently released the show has the ball rolling so far.

Amazon Prime Video has its newest r-rated animated musical comedy Hazbin Hotel after five years since its pilot episode debuted on YouTube. Despite the large time frame from the pilot to the first season on Prime Video, loyal fans and new audiences are able to finally enjoy an entire season of the show. Hazbin Hotel was created by Vivienne Merando. 

The pilot of the show was released back in October 2019 on Vivienne’s YouTube and It was co-written by Vivienne Medrano, Dave Capdevielle, Daniel Macdonald, and Raymond Hernandez, with songs written by Parry Gripp, and music scored by Evan Alderete, Gooseworx, and Thomas Ryan. Finally in August 2020 it was announced that the show had been picked up by an independent entertainment production company A24. The first episodes of Hazbin Hotel were released January 19, 2024. The episodes cae out a couple at a time and the final two episodes were released the 1st of February. It has also been announced that they are already in the production of the second season of the show. 

Hazbin Hotel has been a hit with many of their new and old fans hoping to see more episodes sooner than later. For some back story Hazbin Hotel also has a spin off series, Helluva Boss which takes place in the same universe. October 14, 2023 a song teaser for the show was released for the song ‘Happy Day in Hell’ this helped reveal a cast list of the major characters for the show. 

The series focuses on the main character Charlie Morningstar. She’s the princess of hell and her goal is to revamp a hotel to help ‘sinners’ become better and to teach them how to be better and to redeem themselves making them able to enter Heaven. In this show hell suffers from overpopulation and heavenly powers solve this by killing sinners. So this pushed Charlie who has grown up in Hell to find a better solution to the problem Hell is facing. 

With only eight episodes in the whole series first season there is a lot happening through the first season. There is a sizable cast of characters, and each one has a fascinating past and ulterior motives. Angel Dust (Roman Black) is staying at the hotel mostly to avoid his violent former partner, who also happens to be his employer. Alastor the Radio Demon (Amir Talai) appears to be on Charlie’s side. The lord of hell, Lucifer Morningstar (Jeremy Jordan), is full of childlike playfulness despite having a strained relationship with his daughter and his wife’s unexplained disappearance. And they are just the major actors. With the fast paste in some parts it does seem a bit frantic but it makes sense considering how much they fit into the 8 episodes. 

Charlie is determined to make a change and help the people in Hell despite what they may have done she believes everyone has a second chance. (A24)

But what takes the show and characters to another level is the songs they sing throughout the series. Almost all of the songs in the series are sad and looking for hope. But this aspect is so important to elevating the show itself. 

Hazbin Hotel is a comedic and enjoyable series. Its packed with a lot but it honestly is a perfect balance throughout the show. It’s like the deep characters, songs, and world building aspect has brought this series to success. As the popularity of Hazbin Hotel grows it will show the wait for the series was worth it. Fair warning this series is r-rated for a reason and does not hold back with dark humor jokes but this depots makes the show that much more. If you’re looking for a new funny show all eight episodes of Hazbin Hotel are out now on Amazon Prime Video