Back to The Basics

‘Anyone But You’ has a classy rom-com feel that we all missed
Anyone+But+You+had+a+lot+of+anticipation+for+the+film+especially+with+the+lead+actors+being+Sydney+Sweeney+and+Glen+Powell.+This+film+did+everything+but+disappoint.+
Sony Pictures
Anyone But You had a lot of anticipation for the film especially with the lead actors being Sydney Sweeney and Glen Powell. This film did everything but disappoint.

Anyone but you was anything but bad. The newest rom-com has hit theaters and wowed its audience. Making a decent rom-com has been long-awaited, and Anyone But You brought everything that we needed and wanted in a rom-com. This film was both able to capture romance and comedy while at the same time keeping a funny tone throughout the whole movie. The storyline of the film might seem boring and used, but the way this film was produced made it so much more. Anyone But You is truly an elevated rom-com that hasn’t been seen in a while.

This film felt like the classics and had that little touch that made you want to rewatch it right after it ended. Anyone but You is about Bea (Sydney Sweeney) and Ben (Glen Powell). Even though they had an amazing first date, one thing led to another, and their initial attraction to each other turned into hate. After finding themselves going to the same wedding, they decide to “date” for their own benefit. Anyone but you has so much charm, romance, wit, and great chemistry with the whole cast.

The supporting cast of this movie was great, but this movie truly features both Sydney and Glen. The chemistry on screen was very real and didn’t feel or look forced. Their amount of chemistry really showcased how much it truly can change a film. Although the film does have some moments where it’s cheesy, some of the best moments from the film were the scenes where Ben and Bea truly got to know each other and truly saw each other from a different perspective.

Anyone But You was a very anticipated film. They had PR TikToks, Instagram posts, paparazzi pictures, etc. This film has so much publicity in a way that people who wanted to see it were anticipating its release so much, hoping that all the hype would be for good reason. I’m here to say that the film is truly an enjoyable experience. Not only the great romance, but the comedy throughout the film was great and balanced the vibe of the film perfectly.

If you’re like many romantic comedy lovers and you’ve been waiting for a good rom-com to release, Anyone But You might be the one. It has a very classy rom-com feel and brings many great components of how a rom-com should feel. Anyone But You is currently streaming in theaters, and it is definitely worth watching.