You Should Definitely Tune Into This “Movie”

This+album+was+released+on+November+13th%2C+2020+and+I+enjoyed+this+sophomore+album+from+DaniLeigh.+With+this+great+release%2C+I%E2%80%99m+excited+to+see+what+she+has+planned+for+the+future.+

Manufactured by Def Jam Records

This album was released on November 13th, 2020 and I enjoyed this sophomore album from DaniLeigh. With this great release, I’m excited to see what she has planned for the future.

George Murnock, Staff Writer

Danileigh is an American RnB singer, rapper, and dancer from Miami Florida. She was born on December 20, 1994 and has recently been taking the world by storm with her new “Movie” album. Danileigh is most known for her song “Easy Remix” featuring Chris Brown, her album took relatively the same stylistic approach. She had a don’t mess with me mentality while also talking about love and heartbreak, which in our generation is exactly what appeals to the majority of us.

Her “Movie” album officially came out on November 13th, 2020 in the RnB/Soul genre. The album has a total of 16 songs with features from artists like, PARTYNEXTDOOR, Queen Naija, DaBaby, Gunna, Ty Dolla $ign, etc. This is her sophomore album released from Def Jam. The album cover shows Danileigh in a bath with a red tone of light, the words “Danileigh Movie” are shown above her head in a red stereotypical movie theater font. The album cover I think really brings the whole theme of the album together. Her most popular song off the album so far is “Levi High” featuring DaBaby which has been used frequently on Tik Tok and is probably responsible for most of its growth.

Danileighs Spotify 2020 artist wrapped labeled her as having over 212.2 million streams, 9.1 million hours listened, 22.7 million listeners and 92 countries. Each song throughout her album had its own tone and its own story. She is still a young artist and I believe has a lot of potential in the music industry. I loved her “Movie” album and I’m excited to hear a lot more from Danileigh.