The Kissing Booth 2 (2020)

Netflix

This is the official poster for The Kissing Booth 2, designed by Netflix. This movie stars the talentes of Joey King, Jacob Elordi, and Taylor Zakhar Perez.

Darlene Strange, Staff Writer

Vince Marcella brings yet another love story to the light through Netflix. Although this is a cheesy movie many viewers will notice that it’s the same characters from the first movie ​The Kissing Booth​. Having the familiar faces and the familiar backstory makes this movie one to watch for all age groups.

The Kissing Booth 2 ​follows the storyline of a teenage girl, Elle Evans (Joey King) trying to live out her senior year without her boyfriend, Noah Flynn (Jacob Elordi) who is at Harvard University. The film is meant to be a love about how Elle and Noah can make a long distance relationship work. What you can gather from this movie is that Elle’s best friend is her boyfriend’s brother. As they made a pact to continue going to the same school through college, Elle has some difficult decisions to make that are life altering.

There’s a new kid at the school who is extremely attractive so the two best friends get the idea to do a kissing booth for their schools fundraiser and use the new attractive student as Bait to get customers. As they start working with the new student, I’ll start to get close to him and have some tough decisions to make about what to do.
Elle decides that she needs to keep her distance from both her boyfriend and the new student, Marco, until she receives a package from Noah that contains a plane ticket to go visit him in Massachusetts. Elle of course is excited until she realizes that Noah goes to college with other girls who are extremely attractive and soon get jealous.
Although this movie is a recent Release there are many controversial reviews, most reviews say that the movie is good and there’s a good storyline that continues the last story of ​ The Kissing Booth​. However many comments also elaborated that the movie was a cheesy romance that made them feel awkward.

Vince Marcella continued to make the storyline of ​The Kissing Booth​ come alive and have very good details in the story. It was a well written and constructed film but unfortunately it only received 27% on rotten tomatoes and overall a 5.9/10. I would recommend this movie to high school students and middle school student but unfortunately I think it’s just that, for children and teens.