Irish Wish starring Lindsay Lohan is a romcom movie with a twisted love story
Be Careful For What You Wish For
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • April 12, 2024
New film with Snoop dog didn’t disappoint and surprised many viewers with how much they enjoyed the film=.
Underdogg Film of the Year
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • April 2, 2024
I Matter is all about embracing your true self and being who you really want to be.
If You Need Help, Remember I Matter
Emma Phillips, Sports Editor • March 26, 2024
Millie Bobby Brown stars in a fantasy movie and does a great job bringing the story to life.
A Damsel In Distress
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • March 25, 2024

Golden Eagles Got Talent!

Freshman wins annual homecoming competition
All+of+the+contestants+lined+up+at+Frederick%E2%80%99s+Got+Talent.+Freshman+Ella+Jackson+was+crowned+the+winner%2C+with+Mareta+Sagapolutele+in+second+place%2C+and+Kaedyn+Wagner+tied+for+third+place+with+Marissa+Blea.+
Isabel Howell
All of the contestants lined up at Frederick’s Got Talent. Freshman Ella Jackson was crowned the winner, with Mareta Sagapolutele in second place, and Kaedyn Wagner tied for third place with Marissa Blea.

It’s homecoming week at FHS, and that means the return of Frederick’s Got Talent! The fun event is a way for students to show off their talents that they otherwise might not be able to share. The show took place on Thursday, September 7. Senior Brianna Wolf and junior Rolando Mijares were the event emcees, while some of the student council helped out with technical aspects, such as bringing mics on and off stage and running the lighting booth.

The show featured singing, guitar playing, dancing, and even a magic show by sophomore Axton Fifield. The audience was also treated to a special performance by Mrs. Johnston, who played guitar and sang.

Band teacher Mr. Christopher Thomas, who ran the talent show this year, told the Lantern, “I love seeing all of the amazing talent from our Golden Eagles. It is always so much fun to see the students who surprise me with what they are doing.”

Sometimes it can be nerve-racking for students to perform in front of their peers. Sophomore Kaedyn Wagner, who performed a self-choreographed dance number, said, “I was quite a bit nervous but I was like, I know I can do this.”

There were many talented performers at the show, but eventually, the judges came to a decision and named freshman Ella Jackson the winner of the 2023 Frederick’s Got Talent. Ella enchanted the audience with her sweet vocals and smooth guitar strumming by performing a self-written song about falling in love with a friend and not knowing how to tell them.

“I didn’t know it was a competition,” Ella said. “I was just kind of doing it for fun.”

Ella says she has written a lot of original songs but that this was the first time she had the opportunity to perform in front of people.

Mrs. Butterworth, Frederick’s new theater teacher, was one of the judges at the show. “She said of the event, “It was awesome to support the students and see how much talent there is in our school! I was impressed with the variety of talents and with how the students put together their own acts and practiced them to make them performance-ready. Also, the student council did a fantastic job organizing everything as this was a student-led and student-organized event.”