The girls basketball team has given their everything to get to where they are and wont give up their chance to advance to the final four.
On to The Next
Conner Pickett, Staff Writer • March 1, 2024
CU Boulder
Colorado Has a College Dropout Problem
Carson Birdsall, Staff Writer • February 28, 2024
The five all-state students (Zoe Martinez, Isabel Howell, Jack Smith, Zach Bailey, and Peyton Siders) alongside Mr. Brown, pose for a picture after their state send off.
From Auditions to Applause
Isabel Howell, Staff Writer • February 27, 2024
Jocie makes sure she is working hard on and off the field to see the results that she is very deserving of.
JOCIE SIMMONS: Captain Knows Best
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • February 25, 2024
A huge and lasting problem about foster care has cam to surface finally. Colorado had hope to help out foster kids.
Colorado Legislators Push Foster Child Freedoms
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • February 23, 2024
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Kendan Cartwright, Staff Writer • February 22, 2024
After the very well known artist Toby Keith passed away it was very emotional and devastating for both family and longtime friends.
Toby Keith Passes Away at 62
Emma Phillips, Sports Editor • February 21, 2024

Mining for Gold

Miners Day 2023 will be full of festivities to celebrate town heritage
People racing burros in downtown Frederick on Miners Day in 2022. Miners Day is an annual event for Frederick to celebrate its mining heritage. This year, Miners Day will be on September 16 at Centennial Park.
Boulder Daily Camera

Pick up your pick ax, because the annual celebration of Frederick’s mining heritage is just around the corner. The 21st annual Miners Day festivities will be held on September 16 at Frederick’s Centennial Park. 

For those who have never been, Miners Day is a full-day event that began as a way to honor our town’s mining heritage. The day will begin at 8 a.m. in downtown Frederick with a wreath-laying ceremony to commemorate the founders of our community. The parade will start at 10 a.m., snaking through downtown Frederick and ending in Centennial Park. Throughout the day, there will be a burro race, food trucks, booths, live music performances, and an electric car show. At 9 p.m., the day will wrap up with a fireworks display. 

Renae Lehr, Frederick’s public information officer, says of Miners Day, “It’s a fun day to honor and celebrate the Town’s rich mining heritage with our community!”

According to the town’s official website, Frederick was founded in 1907 and was named by three women after their father Frederick A. Clark, who owned the land that we now know as our home. 

One of the performances featured at Miners Day is Frederick’s very own Varsity Blue show choir. Varsity Blue choir has been performing at this event for several years. This year they will be performing “On Top of The World,” a fun, upbeat song that is sure to enlighten the crowd.

Kevin Brown, the director of Varsity Blue as well as one of our town trustees, says, “Miner’s Day is my favorite event that Frederick does every year. It is such a great community builder and a chance for us to get together and celebrate our community.

Miners Day is a fun way to bring the community together, as well as to commemorate the immigrants and miners who dedicated their lives to building a safe and connected community for their families. They are an important part of Colorado’s history and should not be forgotten. So mark your calendars for a day of food and fun in Frederick!