Jocie makes sure she is working hard on and off the field to see the results that she is very deserving of.
JOCIE SIMMONS: CAPTAIN KNOWS BEST
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • February 25, 2024
A huge and lasting problem about foster care has cam to surface finally. Colorado had hope to help out foster kids.
Colorado is With The Kids
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • February 23, 2024
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Kendan Cartwright, Staff Writer • February 22, 2024
Traveling can be stressful sometimes. Taking others advice can help you out.
Traveling Essentials
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • February 19, 2024
Robin Hood and his merry men meet the Sheriff of Nottingham and Maid Marian in Sherwood Forest. Left to right is Ellie Palmer as Maid Marian, Shaun Furr as the sheriff, Michael Allred as Robin Hood, Cooper Dujardin as Little John, Teagan Veile as Alan Adale, Liam Pettit as Friar Tuck, Ella Jackson as Will Scarlet, and Leea Beeker as the stage manager.
Robin Hood Hits Its’ Target
Isabel Howell, Staff Writer • February 17, 2024

Frederick Skatepark Isn’t All That

Especially in a small town, having public attractions is important. The Frederick skatepark doesn’t bring much too the table.
Carson Birdsall
The Frederick skate park is a newer and bigger attraction for the town. Especially for teens or anyone who are passionate about those kinds of sports.

The Frederick skatepark has upsides and downsides. To start with the upsides, the skatepark is pretty big with many things to skate around if you’re a beginner or a sponsored pro. A few examples are rails, ramps, ledges, and bowls. It’s usually not very busy during the day because of the heat but after it gets dark and cools down a bit it gets pretty busy. If you wanted to skate without many people the best time would be early in the morning when it’s not too hot or too busy. If you wanted to go at night you would have to wait for your turn which you wouldn’t have to do in the morning. Another Frederick high school student thinks positively of the Frederick skatepark he said, “The skatepark is a lot of fun. I like the rails and ramps and really everything the park has to offer.”

One of the downsides of the skatepark is the location. Which in my opinion is a very important aspect of a good skatepark. Because if you got bored of the skatepark you could go get food or go skate around and find something to do but since there isn’t a whole lot of that here in Frederick, yet you can’t really do that unless you wanted to go to Safeway or Subway. Another downside is the fact that it’s so busy at night itself. The best time to skate is at night because it’s nice and cool but since it’s busy at night it’s harder to skate since you have to take turns. Another downside is that there isn’t a whole lot of room to practice tricks or do your own thing without getting in another person’s way. Dean Barrett agrees with the bad location reason I mentioned earlier saying “I think the skatepark itself is fine but the location isn’t very good.”

Overall the Frederick skate park is a good park with a little bit of everything you would need as a new skater or someone who’s been skating their whole life. However there are a few things that would benefit from change. The first thing is the size. If the skatepark got an upgrade in size the park being overcrowded at night wouldn’t be a problem anymore. This would also solve the no room to practice without getting in the way problem which is one of the more important problems. The location can’t be changed but that should be less of an issue as Frederick grows in the near future. The Frederick skatepark is a good local skatepark but if you wanted something better going further would be a good idea.