Super Bowl LV: A Battle of The Titans

Two powerhouse teams are going head to head to see who will come out on top as the world championship team.

ESPN

Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes, the two super bowl bound QB’s

Collin Thompson, Staff Writer

The Super Bowl is something that has grown into one of the most popular annual American traditions. It is a day that people hang out with friends and family to watch the two best NFL teams duel it out for the title of world champion. The Super Bowl is coming up in less than two weeks. The teams in the Super Bowl this year are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, led by quarterback Tom Brady, and the Kansas City Chiefs, led by Patrick Mahomes. The matchup was decided last week when the Buccaneers played the Green Bay Packers for the NFC title and the Chiefs played the Buffalo Bills for the AFC title.

This matchup of powerhouse teams has made this year’s Super Bowl even more exciting by the quarterbacks starting for either team. One team, the Buccaneers, is led by veteran quarterback Tom Brady, who is widely agreed upon to be the greatest quarterback in NFL history. The other team, the Kansas City Chiefs, is led by QB Patrick Mahomes who is clearly the best quarterback in the NFL right now. Mahomes has been putting up historic numbers and looks almost completely unbeatable. However, the Buccaneers are a tough team to beat. From Tom Brady to Mike Evans, there is an extraordinary amount of talent on this team. The Chiefs are also not a team to be taken lightly. They have the best Quarterback in the game right now taking snaps and very talented players such as Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill to catch the ball. 

Causing excitement across the country and anticipation this game is sparking different emotions nationwide. With the Chiefs being Super Bowl champions last year there is hope that Mahomes will be heading to his second Super Bowl victory. However, there is also hope that Tom Brady will make it to his seventh championship. One thing for sure is that this Super Bowl is not looking great for long time Denver Broncos fans. The Chiefs are a division rival, which means that they have a big rivalry with the Broncos. Alongside that Tom Brady is widely hated by Broncos fans across the country. This is because he and the Patriots were, for a long time, the Broncos main competitors for the AFC title. 

However, not all Broncos fans are upset. Raymond Knapp, who is a long time Broncos fan from Firestone, said: 

“I respect Patrick Mahomes talent and love watching him play. I don’t have a problem with rooting for him because of how much I respect his talent.” 

This feeling, however, is not shared by all fans. 

Rylan Cram, a student at Frederick High School, says: 

“I really wish neither team could win. But if I have to choose, I’d say that I want the Bucs [Buccaneers] to win. If Pat Mahomes wins, it adds a lot to his legacy. If Tom Brady wins it he just adds another trophy to the pile.” 

This is about the fact that 2 Super Bowl wins for someone who has been in the league for four years is amazing. Seven for someone who is over 40 years old isn’t as impressive to watch. 

Super Bowl LV is taking place on February 7th at 4:30 pm. It will most likely be a game that is talked about for many years to come, as young quarterback Patrick Mahomes rises ever closer to Tom Brady’s spot as the greatest of all time. This Super Bowl can either help Patrick Mahomes to dethrone Brady for good or it can help Tom Brady to secure his position as the best to ever do it and continue to play. One thing is for sure though, if you want to tune in to an already exciting game then make sure to tune in at 4:30 P.m. on February 7, on CBS.