DWP: Driving While on a Phone
Kendan Cartwright, Staff Writer • May 21, 2024
The pacer test feels like an old unneeded tradition.
Fit or Frustrating?
Sierra Sanchez, Staff Writer • May 20, 2024
Zendaya brings the heat in new film ‘Challengers’
Match Made in Heaven
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • May 17, 2024

FAFSA Delays Push CU, CSU Enrollment

In a bid to adapt to the ever evolving challenges facing higher education, Colorado’s two largest universities, Colorado State University (CSU) and the University of Colorado Boulder (CU Boulder), have announced a significant adjustment to their enrollment deadlines for the fall 2024 semester. With the deadline for students to confirm their enrollment now extended to June 1, both institutions are seeking to provide students with additional time and flexibility amidst the uncertainties of the transition to a new application system for federal financial aid.

The decision by CSU and CU Boulder to extend their enrollment deadlines comes as welcome news for students grappling with the uncertainties surrounding the college admissions process. By pushing the deadline to June 1, both universities aim to provide students with the necessary time and flexibility to make informed decisions about their academic futures, while also navigating the challenges posed by the transition to a new financial aid application system. 

The rollout of the new application system for the Deww Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the U.S. Department of Education has been littered with challenges and inconsistencies. While the transition to the new system was intended to streamline the financial aid application process and enhance accessibility for students, the reality has been far from smooth. Technical glitches, delays in processing, and confusion surrounding eligibility criteria have left many students and families frustrated and uncertain about their financial aid prospects.

In response to these challenges, CSU and CU Boulder recognize the importance of providing students with enough time to navigate the complexities of the financial aid process without feeling rushed or pressured. Extending the enrollment deadline to June, 1 allows students the opportunity to gather necessary information, seek guidance, and weigh their options carefully before committing to a university. 

In conclusion, the decision by CSU and CU Boulder to extend their enrollment for the fall 2024 semester reflects a commitment to student success, equity, and responsiveness to the challenges of facing higher education. By providing students with additional time and flexibility, both institutions demonstrate their dedication to supporting students academic journeys amidst the uncertainties of the transition to a new financial aid application system