Battle of the Baddies

Megan Thee Stallion and Nicki Minaj Clash in the Spotlight
ANGELA WEISS/AFP VIA GETTY; RODIN ECKENROTH/WIREIMAGE
The Megan vs Nicki drama had fans from both going crazy over their tracks and their back and forth drama kept fans on their toes. N

In hip-hop, there is talent, ambition, which means clashes are bound to happen. Two women in the industry, Megan Thee Stallion and Nicki Minaj, found themselves at the center of a storm of controversy. The rift between these two women of rap not only shook the industry but also sparked conversations about loyalty and authenticity.

The feud between Megan Thee Stallion and Nicki Minaj started when Megan collaborated with rapper and Nicki’s longtime rival, Cardi B, on the hit single “WAP.” While the collaboration was celebrated by fans as a groundbreaking moment in female rap, it also drew attention to the underlying tensions between Megan and Nicki. Many speculated that Nicki felt sidelined by Megan’s partnership with Cardi, considering her own history of feuds with Cardi.

The situation escalated when Megan released her debut album, “Good News,” which featured a collaboration with rapper Young Thug. In a series of tweets, Nicki Minaj expressed her disappointment, suggesting that Megan should have included a collaboration with her instead. The public had a lot to say about it and their relationship.

Megan’s cover for her track ‘Hiss’ (Apple Music)

The drama reached its peak when Megan Thee Stallion released the album “Hiss”on January 26 and Nicki Minaj had a lot to say. Nicki Minaj got mad at the verse “Aye, these hoes don’t be mad at Megan. These people are mad at Megan’s Law”. Megans law is the name of a federal law in the United States requiring law enforcement authorities to make information available to the public regarding registered sex offenders. You might be confused as to why Nicki is mad at this. Well, Nicki’s brother and husband were both sex offwenders and therefore locked up because of it. “Hiss,” which launched at No. 1 on the Hot 100, far higher than Megan Thee Stallion’s last single, “Cobra” (No. 32), I guess you can say it was a big hit.

Nicki’s cover for her track ‘Big Foot’ (Apple Music)

Due to all of Nicki’s anger, she decided to drop an entire song called “Big Mega” about Megan as well as stating her name throughout the entire song. “This lil’ beggin’ whore talkin’ ’bout Megan’s Law. For a free beat, you could hit Megan raw (Ooh). If you are a ghostwriter, party in Megan’s jaw (Ooh). Shots were thrown, but I still ain’t let Megan score.”  The title “Big Foot” was created because Megan the stallion was shot in the foot by her ex, Tory Lanez, which is why she stated that she should get up on her good foot. However, the song was terrible and all of Nicki’s fans can agree that it’s not her best work. It is probably her worst, as well as one of the most creepy songs ever.

Despite the drama, both Megan Thee Stallion and Nicki Minaj continue to thrive in their respective careers, releasing chart-topping hits. While their feud may have created headlines, it is ultimately their talent. If you haven’t been keeping up, then start because this is one of the biggest turns in female rap.