Jocie makes sure she is working hard on and off the field to see the results that she is very deserving of.
JOCIE SIMMONS: CAPTAIN KNOWS BEST
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • February 25, 2024
A huge and lasting problem about foster care has cam to surface finally. Colorado had hope to help out foster kids.
Colorado is With The Kids
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • February 23, 2024
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Kendan Cartwright, Staff Writer • February 22, 2024
Traveling can be stressful sometimes. Taking others advice can help you out.
Traveling Essentials
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • February 19, 2024
Robin Hood and his merry men meet the Sheriff of Nottingham and Maid Marian in Sherwood Forest. Left to right is Ellie Palmer as Maid Marian, Shaun Furr as the sheriff, Michael Allred as Robin Hood, Cooper Dujardin as Little John, Teagan Veile as Alan Adale, Liam Pettit as Friar Tuck, Ella Jackson as Will Scarlet, and Leea Beeker as the stage manager.
Robin Hood Hits Its’ Target
Isabel Howell, Staff Writer • February 17, 2024

Girls Swim Team Road to Regionals

The Frederick’s Girls Swim Team Season is coming to an end as they are headed to compete in Regionals

The Frederick Girls Swim Team Season has come close to an end. The Frederick Girls Swim Team had a decent season going 3-4 overall with a Win percentage of 42.90%  . They’re at the top of their league going 2-2, 1st in the Longs Peak 3a League.. They’ve beaten schools like Roosevelt ( 2- 3 ),  Eaton ( 1-1 ) , and Skyline (1-1). Their biggest win was against Eaton High School blowing them out 107 to 69. They’ve had some tough losses against schools like Mountain View ( 2-1 ), Brighton ( 8-0 ), Berthoud ( 2-0 ), and Thompson Valley ( 4-4 ). 

Swimming is not just an activity; it’s a life skill. The sport of swimming is a popular sport in America. Girls’ swim, in particular, holds a special place in the world of aquatic sports, offering not only physical benefits but also confidence and discipline.The achievements of female swimmers on the global stage are inspiring a new generation of girls to pursue their dreams fearlessly. It has definitely benefited the Girls on the Frederick Swim Team, and something that will benefit them in the long run. 

Addisyn Murray is a sophomore at Frederick High School. She has the best finishes on the team. She is also first in 50 Free, 100 Free, 100 Fly, 100 back, 100 Breast, and 200 Free. She is a crucial and important athlete for this Girl’s Swim Team Program.   

The Girls Swim Team have had a pretty good season putting up great wins and races against other good and talented schools. They’ve faced some challenging schools that will definitely push them to work harder and train harder. As a lot of these girls are taking their passion for swimming to competitive levels, they train extremly hard to perform well in swim meets and competitions. As the Season is coming to an end, the girls will definitely have to work hard to showcase their dedication, skill and hard work on the big stage. 

The 2023-24 Season State Championship for Girls Swimming. (CHSAA)

But their season is just not over yet as the Girls Swim Team is preparing for Regionals or the Longs Peak League Championship as they will face many challenging schools. If they are able to win against their league opponents, they will also be competing in the State. 2024 CHSAA Class 3a State Swimming will be taken on February 9th in Thornton, Colorado. We wish the best of luck to the Girls Swim Team showcasing their skills and hard work in the Longs Peak League Championships.