Jocie makes sure she is working hard on and off the field to see the results that she is very deserving of.
JOCIE SIMMONS: CAPTAIN KNOWS BEST
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • February 25, 2024
A huge and lasting problem about foster care has cam to surface finally. Colorado had hope to help out foster kids.
Colorado is With The Kids
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • February 23, 2024
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Kendan Cartwright, Staff Writer • February 22, 2024
Traveling can be stressful sometimes. Taking others advice can help you out.
Traveling Essentials
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • February 19, 2024
Robin Hood and his merry men meet the Sheriff of Nottingham and Maid Marian in Sherwood Forest. Left to right is Ellie Palmer as Maid Marian, Shaun Furr as the sheriff, Michael Allred as Robin Hood, Cooper Dujardin as Little John, Teagan Veile as Alan Adale, Liam Pettit as Friar Tuck, Ella Jackson as Will Scarlet, and Leea Beeker as the stage manager.
Robin Hood Hits Its’ Target
Isabel Howell, Staff Writer • February 17, 2024

Boys Basketball Strives to Win more this season

The Frederick boy basketball team have had a decent season so far and they hope to continue winning.
The+Golden+Eagles+took+on+the+Severance+Silver+Knights+at+Frederick+High+School+on+January+20th.+The+Golden+Eagles+ended+up+losing+this+game+41-53.+
Tone Images
The Golden Eagles took on the Severance Silver Knights at Frederick High School on January 20th. The Golden Eagles ended up losing this game 41-53.

The Frederick Golden Eagles Boys Basketball Team are having a pretty good season so far in the season right now with a record of 9-7 but also being 3rd in their League with a record of 8-3. As of right now the boys basketball are currently trailing #1 Severance (12-4) and #2 Riverdale Ridge (13-2). The boys basketball has had mostly league games so far with a couple tough non-league games such as Erie which they lost 44-59 and other games like Grand Junction 44-48 and Denver South 55-73 which they both lost. 

For their upcoming games this season they have ok teams to play which they should beat such as teams as Northridge (4-10), Roosevelt (3-13), Niwot (4-11), and Skyline (7-7). These games should bring their record up and maybe their league placement up because they have beaten these teams in the past games by quite a bit. With that, the Frederick Boys Basketball will also face a couple challenging teams they will face, like Riverdage Ridge (13-2) on February 2nd at Frederick High School and Severance (12-4) on February 15th at Severance High School. These teams are good teams as they are ranked #1 and #2 in the league but the boys basketball team is up for the challenge and won’t give up without a fight. 

The Game that the Frederick Golden Eagles took on the Roosevelt Roughriders at Home on January 5th where they ended up beating the Roughriders 102-42. Senior Jovan Aldana dribbles down the court to help his team win. (Tone Images )

As for their highlight games of the year it would be a couple of games. One of them being their most recent games on January 26th the boys basketball team went on the road to go face Fort Morgans (0-15) boys basketball team where they ended up smoking them 83-40. For this game the Player Of The Game was #13 Ian Buffington who ended up having 24 total points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, and 4 steals. As of their best game so far this year it would be when they played Roosevelt on January 5th and Frederick High School and beat them with a score of 102-42. With this, on Maxpreps they gave the Player Of The Game to a player of the Roughriders #4 Seppe Salvatore who played a very good game having 21 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 steal. As for the Golden Eagles, statistically the Player Of The Game should have gone to #32 Jovan Aldana who ended up putting up 12 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 3 blocks.

The Frederick Golden Eagles Boys Basketball have had a pretty good season putting up good numbers against good teams and they should have a good amount of wins ahead of them but they will also face some challenging teams that they will have to work for the win and push through tough times to get that win but its always possible.