Irish Wish starring Lindsay Lohan is a romcom movie with a twisted love story
Be Careful For What You Wish For
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • April 12, 2024
New film with Snoop dog didn’t disappoint and surprised many viewers with how much they enjoyed the film=.
Underdogg Film of the Year
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • April 2, 2024
I Matter is all about embracing your true self and being who you really want to be.
If You Need Help, Remember I Matter
Emma Phillips, Sports Editor • March 26, 2024
Millie Bobby Brown stars in a fantasy movie and does a great job bringing the story to life.
A Damsel In Distress
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • March 25, 2024

Mean Girls is a Hot Mess

The Mean Girls musical hasn’t go great reviews and isn’t worth watching
The new Mean Girls musical starring Reneé Rapp and Angourie Rice.
Paramount Pictures

The Mean Girls musical is a remake of the original Mean Girls movie and it definitely does not live up to the original movie. The new Mean Girls movie was pretty much the same script as the 2004 movie. If you want to watch one of these movies, watch the original one. This movie is nothing compared to the original, it was cringey and the acting was not the best. 

The new Regina George, Gretchen Wieners, and Karen Smith from the Mean Girls movie. (Paramount Pictures)

The story follows the popular group at high school, this group is known as the plastics because they have no feelings towards others and are fake. Regina George, the mean one who is known for ruining people’s lives, lets the new girl Cady into her group, which never happens. Cady sits with them and slowly starts to become friends with them. Cady makes friends with the art “freaks”who hate Regina and want to get revenge. The rest of the movie shows how Cady and her friends get revenge on Regina. 

Cady, Janis, and Damian in the new Mean Girls film. (Paramount Pictures)

In most of the scenes, the characters start singing out of nowhere. The singing doesn’t have much emotion, not compared to the Broadway musical. The songs are the same from the Broadway musical and this movie. This movie was not the same as the 2004 movie, the original was much better and wasn’t cringey like this new one.

After all the attention this movie caught when it was announced a lot of people were exited and ready for this reboot of such a classic movie. But after all the anticipation it wasn’t what viewers expected to watch at all and for many who watched this movie found themselves disappointed.

If you were thinking about going to see this movie, save your money to watch a better movie.