Jocie makes sure she is working hard on and off the field to see the results that she is very deserving of.
JOCIE SIMMONS: CAPTAIN KNOWS BEST
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • February 25, 2024
A huge and lasting problem about foster care has cam to surface finally. Colorado had hope to help out foster kids.
Colorado is With The Kids
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • February 23, 2024
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Kendan Cartwright, Staff Writer • February 22, 2024
Traveling can be stressful sometimes. Taking others advice can help you out.
Traveling Essentials
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • February 19, 2024
Robin Hood and his merry men meet the Sheriff of Nottingham and Maid Marian in Sherwood Forest. Left to right is Ellie Palmer as Maid Marian, Shaun Furr as the sheriff, Michael Allred as Robin Hood, Cooper Dujardin as Little John, Teagan Veile as Alan Adale, Liam Pettit as Friar Tuck, Ella Jackson as Will Scarlet, and Leea Beeker as the stage manager.
Robin Hood Hits Its’ Target
Isabel Howell, Staff Writer • February 17, 2024

Effects of Ditching in High School Students

Students who often are late and ditch classes are more likely to struggle academically
When+students+start+Kipling+classes+ad+constantly+being+late+to+classes+they+often+have+a+hard+time+academically.+Making+sure+students+aren%E2%80%99t+ditching+is+important.+
Kaya Paluda
When students start Kipling classes ad constantly being late to classes they often have a hard time academically. Making sure students aren’t ditching is important.

High school is a very important period in a kids life where they explore their personal and academic development, shaping them into the person they will be after school when they go out into the real world. With that being said, many students often ditch or skip class without permission, which could lead to many issues, such as academic, social, and legal issues.

Ditching or skipping school can often lead to significant academic consequences in a student’s life throughout high school. When students regularly miss classes, their ability to grasp new concepts, participate in class assignments, and complete assignments often dwindles. This can result in lower grades and missed learning opportunities, and students will fall behind with the widening of the knowledge gap. In addition, missing classes makes it difficult to catch up on schoolwork and homework, which puts the students at a disadvantage during tests or exams. The overall effect of ditching or skipping school can lead to poor academic performance and no motivation to go to school, which could eventually lead to an increased risk of dropping out.

Skipping school not only affects students’ academic performances, but it also has a social impact on students as a whole. As students regularly skip class, they become more isolated from their peers and friends, which leads to loneliness and depression. In addition, students who ditch school often engage in risky behaviors, such as rebel behaviors or delinquent behaviors, as they will find themselves with a lot of free time and no supervision on what they are doing. With these negative experiences, it can harm the students confidence and overall mental well-being, which could potentially lead to long-term consequences down the road in their personal and social lives.

With ditching school having academic and social impacts on students, it is not only a violation of school policies but can also have legal impacts on a student. When students are repeatedly absent from skipping school, it can result in legal action having to take place against the student and their parents, which includes fines, mandatory meetings, or counseling. In addition to that, a legal record or ditching or skipping school can have large impacts on a student’s future opportunities. These records could have a negative impact on things such as college admissions, scholarships, and even jobs.

The effects of ditching on high school students are very wide and also very impactful on a student. These can range from academic impacts to social challenges for a student. The consequences of ditching can have long-term effects on a student’s education and overall well-being. With that, students need to know what they are risking if they decide to go down that path in their youth years of life.