Jocie makes sure she is working hard on and off the field to see the results that she is very deserving of.
JOCIE SIMMONS: CAPTAIN KNOWS BEST
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • February 25, 2024
A huge and lasting problem about foster care has cam to surface finally. Colorado had hope to help out foster kids.
Colorado is With The Kids
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • February 23, 2024
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Lisa Frankenstein is Dumb Fun
Kendan Cartwright, Staff Writer • February 22, 2024
Traveling can be stressful sometimes. Taking others advice can help you out.
Traveling Essentials
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • February 19, 2024
Robin Hood and his merry men meet the Sheriff of Nottingham and Maid Marian in Sherwood Forest. Left to right is Ellie Palmer as Maid Marian, Shaun Furr as the sheriff, Michael Allred as Robin Hood, Cooper Dujardin as Little John, Teagan Veile as Alan Adale, Liam Pettit as Friar Tuck, Ella Jackson as Will Scarlet, and Leea Beeker as the stage manager.
Robin Hood Hits Its’ Target
Isabel Howell, Staff Writer • February 17, 2024

Why Not Give Credit Where Credit is Due?

Playing a sport in school is a lot to handle, giving the credit as a PE class could help a lot of student athletes out

Physical education is an important part of education because it promotes physical fitness, teamwork, and your overall health. While students who take PE classes get PE credits in school, there is a debate on how student athletes should earn those PE credits by getting involved in a school sport.

Not only does the PE class promote physical fitness, but other sports like soccer, basketball, swimming, or track and field also require a high level of fitness. Students would also enjoy doing what they love and earning PE credits. These sports involve much training, practice, and competition. Students who are involved in sports spend more than hours improving and enhancing their skills, strength, and overall physical fitness. This level of competition and effort is definitely above the requirements of a PE class, and they also get to do what they love. By getting involved in school sports, students develop a healthy exercise habit and reach their recommended amount of exercise.

School sports not only help you be physically fit, they can also teach you many skills. In sports, student-athletes learn teamwork, leadership, and discipline. They learn how to work together, organize, support, and build chemistry with their teammates. These skills can help them in future aspects of their lives, whether it’s academics, jobs, careers, or even relationships.

School sports can be a safe place for students. Physical activities have been shown to help reduce stress, anxiety, and even depression. Students are able to find their energy and spirit in playing a sport and close out all the noise and pressure that they are feeling. Being a part of a team could help students feel a sense of belonging. Getting involved in sports could help students mentally.

PE classes are usually about just physical fitness; they limit their focus on individual talent. High school sports offer students the opportunity to improve and thrive in a sport that they are passionate about. Physical education should encourage students to pursue their interests and develop those interests to the next level. This can motivate students to improve their game and skills, which could lead to big achievements like earning a college scholarship. Students are able to do this in school sports, and that is one of the main reasons why school sports should count as a PE credit.

Participating in school sports provides many benefits. Counting school sports as a PE credit could offer students the most adaptable physical education experience. It promotes physical fitness but also helps with new skills and improves mental and physical health. By counting school sports as a PE credit, students are able to have fun and enjoy their sport, which gives them many benefits while earning PE credit.