Irish Wish starring Lindsay Lohan is a romcom movie with a twisted love story
Be Careful For What You Wish For
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • April 12, 2024
New film with Snoop dog didn’t disappoint and surprised many viewers with how much they enjoyed the film=.
Underdogg Film of the Year
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • April 2, 2024
I Matter is all about embracing your true self and being who you really want to be.
If You Need Help, Remember I Matter
Emma Phillips, Sports Editor • March 26, 2024
Millie Bobby Brown stars in a fantasy movie and does a great job bringing the story to life.
A Damsel In Distress
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • March 25, 2024

Why Not Give Credit Where Credit is Due?

Playing a sport in school is a lot to handle, giving the credit as a PE class could help a lot of student athletes out

Physical education is an important part of education because it promotes physical fitness, teamwork, and your overall health. While students who take PE classes get PE credits in school, there is a debate on how student athletes should earn those PE credits by getting involved in a school sport.

Not only does the PE class promote physical fitness, but other sports like soccer, basketball, swimming, or track and field also require a high level of fitness. Students would also enjoy doing what they love and earning PE credits. These sports involve much training, practice, and competition. Students who are involved in sports spend more than hours improving and enhancing their skills, strength, and overall physical fitness. This level of competition and effort is definitely above the requirements of a PE class, and they also get to do what they love. By getting involved in school sports, students develop a healthy exercise habit and reach their recommended amount of exercise.

School sports not only help you be physically fit, they can also teach you many skills. In sports, student-athletes learn teamwork, leadership, and discipline. They learn how to work together, organize, support, and build chemistry with their teammates. These skills can help them in future aspects of their lives, whether it’s academics, jobs, careers, or even relationships.

School sports can be a safe place for students. Physical activities have been shown to help reduce stress, anxiety, and even depression. Students are able to find their energy and spirit in playing a sport and close out all the noise and pressure that they are feeling. Being a part of a team could help students feel a sense of belonging. Getting involved in sports could help students mentally.

PE classes are usually about just physical fitness; they limit their focus on individual talent. High school sports offer students the opportunity to improve and thrive in a sport that they are passionate about. Physical education should encourage students to pursue their interests and develop those interests to the next level. This can motivate students to improve their game and skills, which could lead to big achievements like earning a college scholarship. Students are able to do this in school sports, and that is one of the main reasons why school sports should count as a PE credit.

Participating in school sports provides many benefits. Counting school sports as a PE credit could offer students the most adaptable physical education experience. It promotes physical fitness but also helps with new skills and improves mental and physical health. By counting school sports as a PE credit, students are able to have fun and enjoy their sport, which gives them many benefits while earning PE credit.