The final five couples in the season 32 finale. Each couple had everything finding on their final two performances. No one disappointed but Xochitl and Val out performed the rest.
Dancing with The Stars Finale was a Hit
Kaya Paluda , Editor in Chief • December 6, 2023
The wrestling team looking fierce for a photo before the day gets started on their debut tournament of the 2023 season. Coach Medina states, “As a team we need to continue to foster the belief that we can and will make this happen. Wrestling is a grueling sport. It’s not for the faint of heart. But if we continue to push each other and believe in one another the sky’s the limit. We will look to learn and grow from our matches throughout the year and look to peak right for regionals and state. We will harp on technique, fill whatever holes we have in our game and WE WILL be ready. We are just getting started.”
Wrestling Pins A Statement
Makenzie Carpenter-Sais, Copy Editor • December 5, 2023
New animated TV show appears on Netflix. Based off an original show this set of episodes didn’t disappoint.
Scott Pilgrim Really Does Take Off
Kendan Cartwright, Staff Writer • December 5, 2023
The Hunger Games prequel shows the backstory of President Snow and how Lucy Gray won the 10th annual Hunger Games
Hunger Games Is Super Confusing
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • December 4, 2023
Peyton getting ready for a tennis match. Being involved is obviously something that she has been focused on for a while now.
PEYTON SIDERS: The Voice to Trust
Sierra Sanchez, Staff Writer • December 3, 2023
Attendence really shouldn’t play such a huge role in education. College students are doing fine with the choice of attending class or not. Highschool students struggle already with time management, learning this skill earlier on will benefit their futures.
Attendance Doesn’t Matter
Emma Phillips, Sports Editor • November 27, 2023
The Frederick skate park is a newer and bigger attraction for the town. Especially for teens or anyone who are passionate about those kinds of sports.
Frederick Skatepark Isn’t All That
Carson Birdsall, Staff Writer • November 24, 2023
Teens getting sleep is so important to how they function every day. Being able to get that good amount of sleep and have a routine is crucial for many teens.
Importance of Sleep in Teens
Reno DiGesualdo, Staff Writer • November 22, 2023

Friends Star Found Dead at 54

Friends star Matthew Perry was found deceased in his jacuzzi on October 28th
Matthew+Perry+was+found+deceased+in+his+jacuzzi+on+October+28th%2C+by+the+time+he+was+brought+out+of+the+water+it+was+too+late+to+save+him.+
MIchael Kovac
Matthew Perry was found deceased in his jacuzzi on October 28th, by the time he was brought out of the water it was too late to save him.

Friends star Matthew Perry was found deceased in his jacuzzi on October 28th. He was only 54. Officials think he drowned while in his jacuzzi. Others thought he might have overdosed since he struggled with drug addiction for most of his life, although Perry had been sober for around 18 months. Investigators ran a less in-depth test on Perry and found out the cause of his death was not drug-related. The cause of Perry’s death is still unknown. The night of the actor’s tragic death, a bystander saw Matthew lying unconscious in his jacuzzi and brought his head above water, and then firefighters did the rest. By the time the bystander got to the scene, it was too late to save the actor.

An autopsy has been completed, but the results are still unknown. The former chief medical examiner of New York City, Dr. Michael Baden, told Fox News “I think from the information that’s been released, we won’t know until the toxicology is performed, given his history of problems with alcohol and drug abuse. But the fact that he was found in a hot tub raises issues immediately about drowning or even heat stroke.” Based on the information officials have so far, Perry could have died from natural causes based on the fact that he has had surgeries and medical emergencies.

According to law enforcement, Perry’s body had not been in the water for an extended period of time before they found him. His body was not waterlogged, which is causing suspicion about what really happened. At the scene, no hard drugs were found around Matthew; only prescription pills were found in his home.

Perry struggled with addiction for a lot of his life. He had a near-death experience when he was 49, when his colon burst from opioid overuse. Perry was hospitalized for five months and was in a coma for two weeks. He had also been in rehab 15 times throughout his life. Due to these reasons, he thought he should have been dead a while ago and that when he died, no one would care or be surprised about his death. Which is not true in any way.

Perry’s death has silenced the world. Many people who watched the sitcom Friends looked to him as a comfort character and are truly devastated by his sudden death. Perry’s co-stars, Jennifer Anniston, David Schwimmer, Courtney Cox, Matt LeBlanc, and Lisa Kudrow, reached out to People magazine on Monday and expressed their grief for Perry. “We are all so utterly devastated by the loss of Matthew. We were more than just castmates. We are a family. There is so much to say, but right now we’re going to take a moment to grieve and process this unfathomable loss.”

Many celebrities knew Matthew, and all of them were completely shocked by his tragic death. Maggie Wheeler, who played Chandler’s on-and-off girlfriend Janice on Friends, stated on Instagram, “What a loss. The world will miss you, Matthew Perry. The joy you brought to so many in your too-short lifetime will live on. I feel so very blessed by every creative moment we shared.”

Shortly before the beloved actor passed away, he was seen playing pickleball for two hours. When he returned home, he sent his assistant on an errand, and when his assistant returned, it was too late. Perry had a very close relationship with his assistant, Briana Brancato. The two had even quit smoking together. Perry called Brancato his best friend. “I met her two years earlier, at another rehab where she had been working at the time. I didn’t get sober back then, but I saw how wonderful she was in every way and promptly stole her from that sober living rehab and made her my assistant, and she became my best friend.” Matthew said.

Brancato posted photos of her and Perry together on Instagram and captioned, “I’ve expressed my deepest gratitude to him on numerous occasions, not only for guiding me into a career I cherish but also for allowing me to take care of him for 7 years. Along with the countless other experiences I’m thankful for. From witnessing his genius to sharing in his worldly adventures living around the world, he took me on a remarkable journey. My heart is heavy, but celebrating my memories is the most profound way to honor his legacy. I hope that up there, in the great beyond, Mattman is sending us signs. We truly need them. You’ll forever be in my heart. I love you, Matty.”

Matthew’s death has affected people a lot; he brought happiness and laughter to thousands of people. Matthew will be missed by many; he made a great impact on people around the world.