Irish Wish starring Lindsay Lohan is a romcom movie with a twisted love story
Be Careful For What You Wish For
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • April 12, 2024
New film with Snoop dog didn’t disappoint and surprised many viewers with how much they enjoyed the film=.
Underdogg Film of the Year
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • April 2, 2024
I Matter is all about embracing your true self and being who you really want to be.
If You Need Help, Remember I Matter
Emma Phillips, Sports Editor • March 26, 2024
Millie Bobby Brown stars in a fantasy movie and does a great job bringing the story to life.
A Damsel In Distress
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • March 25, 2024

A Chorus Line Is A Smash Hit

A Chorus Line is a great musical about an auditioning for a chorus line

A Chorus Line is a musical about people auditioning for A Chorus Line. This past weekend, the theatre department put on a killer performance and they definitely stepped up on the stage with no worries. The performance was a very interesting concept for a musical as it makes it very entertaining and not boring to watch. The runtime is about 2 hours, although it doesn’t feel like it and goes by very quickly thanks to the plot moving constantly. It was an enjoyable musical to watch and was worth seeing.

The story is really entertaining and has a lot of impact like Paul’s backstory was really good and it felt really emotionally driven which had me really invested. Cassies’and Zach’s relationship was built up really well and the reveal of what their past was together, was great. The argument they had also was really real sounding and their conversations were really well acted.

The ending ended very abruptly which I think is good for the story they were telling and also I liked how we were shown what the opening night looked like for the play because it’s a good reminder that these people are in the chorus line and that the audience would most likely not remember the people in the line and will most likely not know the story of what they had to go through to get the part.

I enjoy how well the characters’ feelings were portrayed very well using the physical like Sheila shoulder bumping into Bobby during her walk off or Paul injuring his knee because it looked really convincing.

The songs were great, well performed and memorable. ‘I hope I get it’ is a great opening song which shows how much the characters want a part in the chorus line but also how stressful the audition is. ‘One’ is a good song that is catchy and made a lot greater by the entrancing dance routine with the suits and also the nice visuals with the lights makes the performance feel magical. The ‘Sing!’ The song was my favorite song of the musical. It was nice to hear the wifes fast singing paired with the husband’s long one word singing. Also the ending was fun with the other actors gathering around the wife and circling her while she danced. The songs were also frequent enough for it to not get boring between the songs.

All in All, A Chorus Line is a great musical that was directed by Kevin Brown and is a highly recommended to anyone to watch, the theatre department did a great job on this play and it left audiences eager for more.