DWP: Driving While on a Phone
Kendan Cartwright, Staff Writer • May 21, 2024
The pacer test feels like an old unneeded tradition.
Fit or Frustrating?
Sierra Sanchez, Staff Writer • May 20, 2024
Zendaya brings the heat in new film ‘Challengers’
Match Made in Heaven
Kaya Paluda, Editor in Chief • May 17, 2024

Fright and Fun Around the Town

Here are some fun activities to do during spooky season
Iyonna Moore
With spooky season approaching, fun fall festivities are on every corner. Colorado is a great place to get into the holiday spirit and Frederick is surrounded with a bunch of fun activities to enjoy the spirit of Halloween.

As the leaves change from green to a dazzling display of reds, oranges, and yellows, fall is here in full swing. It’s the perfect time to dive into the season, swapping out beach trips for pumpkin picking, hot chocolate sips, and cozy fireside chats. The weather’s shifting, with the summer heat making way for crisp, cool days. So grab your favorite sweater and let’s dive into all the fun that fall has to offer here in our home state! Below are a couple activities to get you all started on our spooky fun. 

Truly hosted by your own, Frederick High has a couple of fall activities taking place this season. Starting with the free admission Halloween movie night, which they will be streaming Hocus Pocus on Oct. 25 at 7:00pm in the auditorium. Do you like writing? Well you’re in luck we have a writing contest going on. It’s the teen nightmare contest, all you have to do is write a horror story and send it in and email it to Mr.Coon or Ms. Smith before 3PM on Oct 23. And lastly we have A Chorus Line musical teen edition from Oct 19-20 at 7PM here at Frederick High.

Frederick: Is hosting a Tiny Terror Town  on Oct. 21 from 3 – 7 p.m with free admission. This family-friendly event will be a safe place for kids and families to trick-or-treat at tiny abodes in Crist Park. Plus, participate in our Big Beast Bazaar pet costume contest for great prizes, and take a tour of the world’s tiniest haunted house in our Miners Museum. 

Firestone: Is hosting a Halloween safe night on October 27 from 5 PM to 8 PM. Every ghost and goblin will enjoy Halloween in a safe environment with the Firestone Police Department. Trackless train rides, Ballistic Swing, Inflatables, a Mega Corn Maze, and fun photo opportunities that will fill up the park. For this event there is no admission required. 

Longmont: Is hosting a Halloween Parade on Oct. 28 from 9a.m. – 12 p.m with no admission required. Dress up in your Halloween Costume, march on Main Street, and visit Downtown participating merchants for Trick or Treat Street immediately following the parade. Kids of all ages can be a part of this costume foot parade. No registration is required! Strollers or wagons are recommended for tiny feet. No motorized vehicles allowed. Dogs must be leashed. Please no large animals.

Arvada: Is hosting a Trick or Treat Street, on Oct. 27 at 5-7 p.m with no admission required. This family event promises an evening of candy and fun activities for the community. 

Golden: Is hosting a Harvest Haunt Express on Oct. 21-22 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission $10 adults / $5 children / $8 seniors. Train ride pricing $4 adults and seniors / $2 children. Roll on over to the Colorado Railroad Museum’s annual Halloween event, where you and your family can explore the Olde Railroaders Silly Graveyard, the “not-so-scary” Haunted Railcars, a hay bale maze, and live entertainment. Guests are encouraged to come in costumes for trick-or-treating! A steam locomotive will pull trains for this event and the museum’s mascot, Spike the Railroad Dog, will be present! Capacity is limited, so advance ticket purchase is recommended.

Everyone’s favorite Anderson farms is open this season for more fright and fun. Anderson farms is open everyday of the week except for Tuesday’s this includes the fall festival. The fall festival has different pricing depending on the day. The timed tickets for Ages 4 & up: Monday-Thursday is $17, Friday-Sunday is $28 and Kids 3 & under get in for FREE.  The anytime tickets Monday-Thursday are $27 and Friday-Sunday are $38. If you are interested in just terror in the corn then it will be a different price as well as it is only open Thursdays-Sundays. Depending on the day chosen will depend on the price of the ticket, below is the starting price of the tickets for terror in the corn only.

Thursday: $39
Thursday Quick Pass:
$54
Friday or Saturday:
$42
Friday or Saturday Quick Pass:
$57
Sunday:
$41
Sunday Quick Pass:
$56
Platinum Pass: $130

With many fun activities around this time of the year we encourage everyone to get involved with the holiday spirit. If you want to show off those costumes and get in the mood for spooky season then these amazing festivals and events are just the treat!