Irish Wish starring Lindsay Lohan is a romcom movie with a twisted love story
Be Careful For What You Wish For
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • April 12, 2024
New film with Snoop dog didn’t disappoint and surprised many viewers with how much they enjoyed the film=.
Underdogg Film of the Year
Philimon Sang, Staff Writer • April 2, 2024
I Matter is all about embracing your true self and being who you really want to be.
If You Need Help, Remember I Matter
Emma Phillips, Sports Editor • March 26, 2024
Millie Bobby Brown stars in a fantasy movie and does a great job bringing the story to life.
A Damsel In Distress
Kaylee Ledgerwood, Staff Writer • March 25, 2024

Six Runs Short

Frederick Softball had a devastating loss at state
Makenzie Carpenter-Sais
The Lady Warriors in the bus on the early Friday morning, during the send off for state. Despite their valiant efforts, they fell to Ponderosa 12-6.

The Lady Warriors varsity softball team led by Roger Dufour made a great showing at state, but was six runs short in their opening game and was unable to continue in the tournament. Despite the loss, the Lady Warriors made amazing plays and had great hits. Most importantly, they put their effort all out on the field, no matter what the outcome of the game was. 

The team started their Friday early, as FHS made a surprise send-off for the girls before heading up to the game in the early morning. On the way to the Aurora Sports Park, the ladies got into the game mindset on the bus before stepping out on the field. The team had a successful warm-up and had lots of game energy. The Warriors would be playing Ponderoas, with whom they matched up well. Because Ponderosa was favored,  Frederick were the visitors and had the opportunity to hit first.

In the first inning, Ponderosa shut out the Lady Warriors, taking the lead 3-0. The next inning was quick, as Ponderosa was able to hold their lead at 3-0 not letting Frederick score. In the third inning, Ponderosa added a run to their lead, leaving the score 4-0. The Lady Warriors were struggling to catch up. But Frederick found an opportunity to score three points in the fourth inning. However, Ponderosa would answer back, scoring three points of their own. In the fifth inning the Lady Warriors unleashed a hitting streak—adding three more runs to the scoreboard. Frederick managed to hold Ponderosa only scoring only two runs.

With the score only 6-9, it had the fans on the edge of their seats. But sadly Ponderosa was able to shut Frederick down, not allowing a comeback to insue.  Subsequently, they managed score in both the sixth and seventh innings, officially putting the game away. The final score was 12-6.

Following the upsetting loss, Frederick’s season was officially finished with a record 18-9. The Lady Warriors gave it their all, but unfortunately the team wasn’t able to move on to the next round following the loss to Ponderosa. The team had a great run and a great season. After all, they completed their goal of qualifying for state. With 7 seniors graduating, the returning players seek to step up next year and are determined and ready to come out on top next year.