What It’s Like Dating During A Pandemic

Gustavo Fring via Pexels

Kylie Rusco, Staff Writer

The whole world thought that 2020 was going to be the best year of their lives yet, but sadly for most of us that is untrue. March of 2020 is where the year started to become different than ever before…

Dating during high school is typically difficult because of the temptations of living life while you’re young. The pandemic has put many relationships to the test with being in quarantine. People went almost 5 months without seeing their significant other and I was one of those people.

Many people tend to look at being in a relationship while in quarantine as a bad thing but I look at it as one of the more positive and helpful experiences. With technology like FaceTime and Snapchat it created a feeling of being together but apart at the same time. Although FaceTime was helpful it was still difficult to keep the distance between.

Being apart from each other and just being able to talk without any other distractions or temptations in the way. It gave people a chance to get to know each other better than they ever thought they could. Virtual dates were a huge part of relationships, people this year have gotten creative on ways to still find that spark within their relationship.

The pandemic has made people grow closer as well as tear them apart as the distance became too much to handle. I have learned to appreciate the boring days because the days where you can’t see each other are even harder now. You have to make the most of the days you have together because you never know when that could get taken away again