All 36 Songs Made the Billboard Hot 100 List

Country star Morgan Wallen is making history with his new album.

Morgan+Wallen+has+come+some+way+to+be+where+he%E2%80%99s+at+now.+From+starting+at+a+young+age%2C+then+the+voice%2C+and+now+this+he%E2%80%99s+truly+climbing+the+charts.+

Apple Music

Morgan Wallen has come some way to be where he’s at now. From starting at a young age, then the voice, and now this he’s truly climbing the charts.

Emma Phillips, Sports Editor

For those who don’t know, Morgan Wallen is a top hit country singer. Morgan Wallen is officially the “king” of the Billboard Hot 100. Morgan released his new album “One Thing at a Time” on March 2, 2023. Ten days later, EVERY single song made its way onto the Billboard Hot 100 list. That means all 36 songs are on that list, which is a single-week record. He takes up 36% of the Hot 100.

To put into perspective, Drake charted 27 songs on the Hot 100 on July 14, 2018. Taylor Swift ranks third with 26 songs on the chart on Nov. 27, 2021. To make things even more impressive, Wallen has five songs in the Top 10, which makes him the first country artist to claim half of the top 10 in a single week. 

To have a little background on Morgan he was born in Sneedville, Tennessee, on May 13 1993, which makes him 29 years old. Wallen grew up in the Knoxville area. His father was a preacher who loved the bombast of hard rock, while his mother was a teacher who loved christian music. Wallen developed a strong interest in music at just 3 years old. He started singing in church and started playing the violin when he was five. Wallen then learned to play piano and the guitar. In high school his main focus was baseball. He pitched for the team at Gibbs High School in Corryton, Tennessee. He was good enough to get offers to play in college on a scholarship, but in his senior year he injured his elbow and decided to not play anymore, so he considered music as a career and decided it was time to focus more on singing. 

In February 2014, Morgan decided to go out to be on the show “The voice”. Judge Usher liked his performance and his voice, and Morgan got to join his team. After the second round on the show, Morgan was stolen by Adam Levine’s team, but shortly after he was eliminated in the playoffs. The Voice gave him nationwide exposure and it helped him find a collaborator Sergio Sánchez. The two began writing songs together that suited his country voice and “rock & roll” attitude. He then moved to Nashville, where he and Sánchez formed a short-lived band, Morgan Wallen & Them Shadows. Morgan played at small bars all around Nashville to practice performing.

In 2016, is where he shot out. He made an impression on the radio with his song “The Way I Talk“. In 2017, he collaborated with Florida Georgia Line in the song “Up Down” which made the Top Ten of the Country Singles charts and they earned a gold record. In April 2018 his album entered the U.S. Top Country Albums chart at number 11. “If I Know Me” ultimately reached number ten on the Billboard 200 Albums chart and hit number one on the U.S. Top Country Albums chart following a record-breaking 114-week stint. In September of 2020, the Recording Industry Association of America gave the album platinum certification AND in January 2022, it was certified double platinum. That is really good. “If I Know Me” had two other single hits, “Whiskey Glasses” and “Chasin You,” both of which topped the U.S. Country Airplay chart and reached the top 20 of the U.S. Hot 100 Singles chart.

As you can see, Morgan is a very talented artist. He sprouted after his performance on the voice. Morgan has a very talented and remembering voice that gives you the chills every time. In “One Thing at a Time”, it has a couple songs that are my favorite but I think “98 Braves” is my favorite. Personally, Morgan Wallen is an amazing artist and performer. If you like country music I suggest listening to him, and even if you don’t like country music, I still suggest giving it a try and listening to him!